My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
For some reason the old village stocks are stored away in their own special place behind a local church. Somehow it makes them seem all the more real, not being put on display for tourists: it feels more like they've been popped round the corner for storage till they have need of them...

img_20180127_154602190_hdrblog.jpg

I'd been for a haircut this morning (after having trimmed the beard, for the first time since starting it in October!)
This is part of what was built as a private Asylum!! - where families would pay for relatives to be looked after (incarcerated??), rather oddly, after the rates funded West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum was built not far away (known as Stanley Royd)
Maybe pride/causing a scene wanted them to keep it all quiet?

Rooks Nest Road
Between Stanley & Outwood
We know (if they still live there), the family reside here, I believe it's all one house???
(their son went to junior school with our daughter)
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/905254

DSCF4267.JPG DSCF4266.JPG

The old Schoolhouse (single storey section)
Further along Rooks Nest Road
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/905295

DSCF4268.JPG

Drizzly day out in Perthshire, ford at the top of Little Glenshee road.

View attachment 393752

A nice little spot (last one listed)
http://www.wetroads.co.uk/perth.htm

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Add that to the photo challenge thread. The theme is "TLC"
I could add this from todays ride :whistle::
DSC0005787.jpg

Edit to add: Somehow my bike has managed to look quite clean in the photos on my last few rides so I took this close up to illustrate the reality.

Last edited:
Two today

All the furniture moved out of the front parlour
Carpet/underlay cut-up, & taken to local Council tip
New carpet being fitted tomorrow
well it is a Victorian (1899 build) house

27072984_10213759983626100_1469680867239243929_n.jpg

CGR cleaned, very thoroughly yesterday evening
Doubtless why it rained, very heavily, during the early hours!!
Note, even the mudguards were scrubbed internally^_^
Cotton-buds in the drop-outs/around cable-stops:blush:

CGR. 1.jpg

DSC_0009.JPG

Enjoying the newly installed two speed SRAM Automatix coaster hub. Four cross lacing because why not? (and it compliments the two cross front. That only i will ever notice). I've had to swap outothe sprockets to get the best ratios, and will probably swap again for one more tooth when I next replace the chain. The hub is very tidy in use, changing up cleanly andashifting down only when I take pressure off the pedals. I'd recommend it very highly for use on a city bike. If it wasn't for the fact that SRAM just discontinued it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
View attachment 394064

Enjoying the newly installed two speed SRAM Automatix coaster hub. Four cross lacing because why not? (and it compliments the two cross front. That only i will ever notice). I've had to swap outothe sprockets to get the best ratios, and will probably swap again for one more tooth when I next replace the chain. The hub is very tidy in use, changing up cleanly andashifting down only when I take pressure off the pedals. I'd recommend it very highly for use on a city bike. If it wasn't for the fact that SRAM just discontinued it.

Nice lacing, but look at the state of that chain.

It could do with, er, a clean.

Top Bottom