My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picture of the day? Picture of the year as far as I am concerned according to the Life of Beanz!

Wife lost her 38 year old son last month (May 8th). Last year her second son had been in the hospital 6 straight months with a massive stroke and heart attack. After years of dialysis for both boys, the toll has been taken. the second son is also not expected to live much longer.

She was off the bike for a whole year last year, came back for a few rides over 2 months then her older son passed away in May. Off again for nearly a month and a half but I was able to talk her into getting back on the bike.

Yes, she donated a kidney for her older son back in 2000. Only lasted a year.

So to you, this may just be a pic, but to me, pic of the year. Getting back on the bike after losing a son. I told her cycling was good for the soul.
Just liking this doesn't seem enough.
Presumably you read about Mavis Paterson and her circumstances that led to her recent LEJOG.
Cycling can be such a supportive thing.
All the best to both of you during these challenging times.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Didn't really want to click like due to your wife and yourself's horrendous life experience, but I do like to see that you have encouraged her to stay strong and keep going. :hugs:

Just liking this doesn't seem enough.
Presumably you read about Mavis Paterson and her circumstances that led to her recent LEJOG.
Cycling can be such a supportive thing.
All the best to both of you during these challenging times.

Thank you! I did not read Mavis Paterson. Do you have a link or a way I can find it? Thanks!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just been sent my new cycle jersey. Julemaerkefonden is a Danish organisation that helps children get over all sorts of problems so that they can regain their childhood. I have supported it for years.

Ideal for wearing in UK traffic.^_^

IMG_20190624_172627_031.jpg

ChrisEyles

Guru
A few pics from yesterday's ride. We'll soon be moving away from mid Devon so I'm trying to make the most of the countryside before we do.

IMG_20190624_131146.jpg
IMG_20190624_134432.jpg
IMG_20190624_120602.jpg

Top Bottom