My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cheese and beetroot door steps ^_^

IMG_20190705_121837503.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
BEF062E3-5DA4-421D-A478-CE67008E68F9.jpeg
Taken on today’s ride, a view of Aberdeen city and out to sea.

A rose opening up on my Dad's rose bush who passed away 11 months ago. Moms said the bushes haven't produced roses in years. I started caring for them then they started really popping out quite a few flowers. :rose:

If anybody wants to know the setting I used. Full manual. 50 mm fixed primed lens, f stop 2.8, shutter speed 1/160 of a second, ISO 100. I used the 2.8 so the depth of field would be more shallow capturing the bokeh (making the background blurry). I was able to use an ISO of 100 because the fixed lens allows higher aperture settings resulting in the ability to shoot with lower light situations without using a flash. OKAY, I know none of you really care! :laugh:

IMG_0378-1000.JPG

Grand Harbour Valletta...

View attachment 473047
Was there in October
First time I'd been, I'm not really one for (foreign) holidays, give me a wet week in Whitby anytime!!
But, as it was wifes 50th, out 20th wedding anniversary & my birthday the same week, I couldn't say no; safely, or easily!!

We did a Grand Harbour cruise, & a 'round the island' too!
(we stayed up the coast, at Qawra(?)

We did go into one of the museums & saw the remaining Swordfish
I knew of the blockade, but it was interesting to see the full story (of the losses)
DSCF6964.JPG DSCF7027.JPG DSCF7028.JPG DSCF7059.JPG DSCF7069.JPG

Camina Is;and???
DSCF7139.JPG

Would we go again?
NO

Best part for me was last 30 min of flight. over Peak District, Wakefield & Leeds
Even flew over where I work!

@Blue Hills

Sure!
I just have no real interest
1978 - or 1979; I went to Gran Canaria, when I was 14

1997 Next was honeymoon, USA/Canada; NYC, Boston, Montreal, Ottowa, Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Washington DC, Philadephia
(I'd consider Toronto & Washington again)

2012 Florida (both wife & myself disliked the place, daughter enjoyed

2018 Malta

1994(?) I did go to France:banghead:, but only for the day (Graham Baxter Sporting Tours) to see Paris-Roubaix
I know it was 1994, when g/f (wife) & I went to Holland for a long weekend in car, & camped (I know, when, by the car we had)

SWMBO thinks it's because I don't like flying, but the best flight I've ever had was in a 4-seater, at 2,000 feet over the Yorkshire Dales (taking off at Sherburn-in-Elmet)

Simply not bothered
Wife accepts that (most of time) & goes, with daughter
She knows I'd not sit at the side of a pool/on beach, & would constantly be on edge waiting to come home

Top Bottom