My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I plan to. No thanks to le rhume et le mal de gorge, I did nowhere near as much cycling there as planned, so I have unfinished business.
Pretty much a metaphor for life... but at least it's good to have something to aim for... :smile:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The goal of my longest ride since my concussion last October: the col de la Bataille near Léoncel on the Vercors plateau. 85 miles done in the day, and 7500ft of climbing. So far, the brain hasn't protested. Fingers crossed...

dsc09288.jpg

Public Bridleway & 'Wakefield Wheel'
From Station Road, to Altofts Hall Road
Altofts

An almost (to me anyway) colour infra-red
It just seems to seep colour
DSCF9947.JPG

Can't find any pictures of it, but this tree would be approximately where the 'A' of 'Altofts' is, on the little OS map
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1405344

I was stood here, on the bridleway, just south of the (shown) beck/stream

DSCF9946.JPG

rualexander

Legendary Member
The goal of my longest ride since my concussion last October: the col de la Bataille near Léoncel on the Vercors plateau. 85 miles done in the day, and 7500ft of climbing. So far, the brain hasn't protested. Fingers crossed...

View attachment 478293

There's a nice track runs off to the right on the treeline on that sloping hillside.
We had to venture down it when there a few years ago and the road was closed just beyond where your photo was taken.
The track eventually brings you back to the road a few miles further round.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
There's a nice track runs off to the right on the treeline on that sloping hillside.
We had to venture down it when there a few years ago and the road was closed just beyond where your photo was taken.
The track eventually brings you back to the road a few miles further round.
Indeed - there are some amazing tracks and paths around here - if I had a mountain bike I'd probably be exploring the tracks around here, and I ought to do more walking... but the roads ain't bad either.

Top Bottom