My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
1172D97D-F231-4478-8D47-1458CABE706E.png
Not so many Red Admirals among the thousands of Painted Ladies but I eventually got this one on my phone.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I thought all the lavender here had been harvested so last night's sighting was a bonus...

dsc09507.jpg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I thought all the lavender here had been harvested so last night's sighting was a bonus...

View attachment 478894
That reminds me of my 2017 cycling trip to France. The tour group I was in stayed at a hotel near Bedoin, and the day before we rode up Mont Ventoux, we rode through the Gorge de la Nesque, and passed a lavender field much like that one on the way back to the hotel. :smile:

20170629-italy-france-trip-07-14-nesque-lavender-field.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
That was my thought during several of my recent French Alps rides. Some of the roads are in pretty precarious locations.
Indeed they are, and though some of them serve tiny populations, they do a brilliant job of keeping them open, most of the time. When they do have to close them for repair work, sometimes the diversions are extremely long. Goodness knows what they do when there is a major problem with a single dead-end road serving a remote village!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Military trainee pilot getting his low flying practise in today:

P8080488.JPG

Top Bottom