My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
One of the locals outside “The Bay” chippy in Stonehaven :hungry:
Looking towards Dunnotar Castle

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Every other Friday I cycle to a breakfast meeting before work, so this morning I stopped & took a picture or two

View attachment 505462

View attachment 505463

Filton...?

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Actually from yesterday, the last ride of my French stay... the road to Col de Pennes via the Pennes le Sec road... 600m of ascent in 7km. A word of advice... don't ever try this one in the summer, as you'll find out why it's called Pennes le Sec - this side of the mountain sits in the sun all day, and gets very hot. Not a pleasant experience, as I discovered a couple of years ago!

DSC06353.jpg

About to set off from ribblehead station earlier today.

View attachment 506329

Luckily, i had prepared well in one of my favourite spoons , about 8.15 in carlisle with a 5.9 per cent of lovely jaipur and a large breakfast.

View attachment 506330

What a great place Ribblehead Station is
Sadly it's been at least 10 years since I've stood on that platform

Time to go back i think. Northern actually ran both my trains up the wondrous line bang on time. 10p per trip on northern"s offer before they lost the franchise. Staff great as always and wonderful with bikes. Line best experienced out of season i think, easier to swap sides for the views.
By the by, do you know why the two platforms are offset?
I can also recommend hellifield station - now with live info boards, which is kind of handy when you are there on a feb morn at 6am.

Top Bottom