My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20210818_112736.jpg

Top of Post Office Tower in Brum.

Bye bye crane barrel.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
The rather ridiculous road up to the Vallon de Combeau: you can see it cross the scree slopes, and though when you're on it, it doesn't feel quite as fragile as it looks from here, it's still a fairly hairy road. I find roads like this scarier to drive along than to cycle, as your margin for error is much smaller, and you're stuck in a metal box if something does go wrong. It's a long, long way down to the bottom.

DSC00595.jpg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The rather ridiculous road up to the Vallon de Combeau: you can see it cross the scree slopes, and though when you're on it, it doesn't feel quite as fragile as it looks from here, it's still a fairly hairy road. I find roads like this scarier to drive along than to cycle, as your margin for error is much smaller, and you're stuck in a metal box if something does go wrong. It's a long, long way down to the bottom.

View attachment 604969

I really enjoy your photographs of France, but, for some reason, I note my complexion is taking on a green (as in envy) tint ;)

JVRider

Picture from our ride on Saturday when the weather was beautiful. Sunny, not too hot, and actual BLUE skies. This photo is taken at the cross section of two bicycling trails - the Red Bud Trail and the K96 Trail. This photo (looking due south) is a favorite spot. During daylight hours in the summer this short climb (maybe 1/2 mile at 5%) is deceptively difficult because south winds 15-30 mph will hit you head on for the climb. Ride it 3-4 times a day and you will know you've been around the block. The trail going north-south here is paved and makes a loop around the city on the east side. Oddly enough, if you turn right (west) the trail back into the city is a gravel trail and much of it completely canopied. Turn left and head further out of the city and the path is paved for 5-6 miles before it turns into more gravel riding (for 4-5 additional miles).

1629385208635.png

At the top of the hil9 (in the above photo) I stopped last night to take a picture hoping to get the sunset to the west and some of the city lights, and it kind of worked (below).

1629385253979.png

This last one is a picture (below) I took last night as well at the Waterfront area on the east side of the city. Lots of restaurants in the area which always makes me hungry. Hope everyone is doing well. :smile:

1629385353910.png

Spartak