My Prostate Cancer Journey and Why You Should Get Tested

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
Thank you @PK99 - you describe it as a journey - and that's a brilliant way to put it.
We have had some private chats and I can't overstate how beneficial these were for me - just being able to speak with someone who you only vaguely know, but who has been there before. It's a scary journey, but if you know what's ahead the journey is easier.

After hearing my story, I know of at least 5 people who have gone to their GP for tests. (Strangely, it's the person who had BUPA who has had most difficulty in getting the appointment!)
Of those 5, one has had an abnormality detected, has had MRI and is about to go for biopsy.

Guys, if you're at that "dangerous age" or have any urinary problems, speak to your GP and get things checked out. This stuff can be fixed - completely fixed - if it's detected early.

theloafer

Legendary Member
got diagnosed in July .left it a bit to long before getting checked .putting the nightly runs to Loo down to old age ( 68) .have a slight spreading outside of prostate to few of my bones and also my lymph nodes.
having a hormone injection once a month to try and control it and stop it from spreading. the hormone injection starve the cancer of testosterone but which mess like hell with the body .
am down to go in hospital this sun 2-30 for a Gastroscopy cam down the throat and also a cam up the back passage Colonoscopy. fingers crossed they say it to see if the can find where i am loosing iron from(had a couple of dizzy spells and one blackout , but i am thinking it poss spread further. we can only wait and see
first concern was at GP after finger probe
then blood test psa 928
then ct scan followed by bone scan
then biopsy

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
got diagnosed in July .left it a bit to long before getting checked .putting the nightly runs to Loo down to old age ( 68) .have a slight spreading outside of prostate to few of my bones and also my lymph nodes.
having a hormone injection once a month to try and control it and stop it from spreading. the hormone injection starve the cancer of testosterone but which mess like hell with the body .
am down to go in hospital this sun 2-30 for a Gastroscopy cam down the throat and also a cam up the back passage Colonoscopy. fingers crossed they say it to see if the can find where i am loosing iron from(had a couple of dizzy spells and one blackout , but i am thinking it poss spread further. we can only wait and see
then blood test psa 928
then biopsy

Wishing you all the best.

postman

Legendary Member
then blood test psa 928
then biopsy
All the best from here.I have had some of those camera examinations.The one down the throat,i got offered a knock out jab,which i took,felt awful for twenty four hours afterwards,others we did by spray.That is so much better,YOUR THROAT can take the camera,it's all in your mind,just breathe slowly and deeply,you will get through it.Are they doing both ends at the same time,if so take this tip,ask them to do the throat first.:becool::blush:;).Again the bum one is easier you might even get asked do you want to watch the screen.What i did find was i was surrounded by mature nurses who have seen it all,they engage you in trivial talk during the bum one and time passes quickly.i even had one up my spout.It's over in no time,so don't worry.

postman

Legendary Member
update .... all went well both cams i had no trouble at all 😄😄 found nothing just the chance i my be a slight bit Anaemia . got to get tablet's see how it progresses 👍
Well done Guinness or Porter to build you up,you know it makes sense.Were you surrounded by nice nurses who kept you chatting.

Top Bottom