My Raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
New steed , my last Raleigh was a Raleigh Winner back in 1982 irc. :tongue:

2014-03-13 19.47.02.jpg

I promised myself that I'd never buy a Raleigh again...hmmm....I might reconsider! What's the spec?

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I promised myself that I'd never buy a Raleigh again...hmmm....I might reconsider! What's the spec?

Raleigh Militis 3, Full carbon frame, dropouts, steerer the lot. Sram Force groupset, not full, chainset FSA Energy. FSA gossamer finishing kit, Wheels are standard affair Cole Rollen Elite, with Durano tyres. Very comfy bike and quick acceleration is what I've noticed in the short time I`ve had her. Light bike and could easily be sub 7kg with some more carbon thrown in for good measure. However I ended up with this more in luck than anything, its an ex Demo from the LBS i.e. it was one of their 3 race bikes, hence the wheels were brand new and in fact the whole bike was mint like new. Anyway got it on C2W and nowt extra to add in cash :blush:

Now that really is bringing Raleigh back into to big leagues, they were the only choice for club riders and pros in the 80s, then they just seemed to disappear in the late 90s, but now it seems Raleigh is back, and with some frames to break some Specialized, Trek, Cannondale hearts............my word Raleigh is back

I didn't even know Raleigh made road bikes ! But that is a beauty mate :smile:

Check out the Banana and Panasonics from the 80s, and any Ilkeston built Raleighs..........they were big back in the day, but like you say, you don't remember........that's because they moved away from Derby/Ilkeston to far away places and became another British brand that wasn't British anymore, but nice to see they are back with a bang.

NEO

I have a Raleigh revenio 2. Love it was a bit unsure when I got it wether it would stack up against the likes of specialized and cannondale etc but it rides great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom