My Season is over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzybuddha

So just got some very not great news... I have partially discoid medial meniscus with a displaced flap tear. Hooray... Going to be scheduling the surgery tomorrow. After a good season where i doubled my output from the previous year, i dont think i will be able to do more this year...:sad:

Just wanted to vent a little, nothing to see....

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Shame, do you know how long recovery will be?

vickster

Legendary Member
So just got some very not great news... I have partially discoid medial meniscus with a displaced flap tear. Hooray... Going to be scheduling the surgery tomorrow. After a good season where i doubled my output from the previous year, i dont think i will be able to do more this year...:sad:

Just wanted to vent a little, nothing to see....
How so assuming a) the op is soon b) it's keyhole c) the meniscus is being trimmed (much more likely if you're over about 30 and the meniscus is discoid) and not sewn back together (so you'll be weight bearing straight away)

I had medial partially menisectomy, microfracture and a tidy up of the kneecap on 10 Jan...I was back cycling mid Feb with the physio's blessing. Work hard at your boring post op rehab exercises, and you'll be back on a bike again before Christmas :okay:
If you do cycle, stick an ice pack on it after riding to keep any inflammation at bay

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Follow the docs instructions. Might be time for a turbo trainer - hateful things they are but great whilst injured, or time crunched.

vickster

Legendary Member
Follow the docs instructions. Might be time for a turbo trainer - hateful things they are but great whilst injured, or time crunched.
I used an exercise bike in gym everyday once enough ROM obtained (physio had me on one about a week post op). Didn't bother with turbo

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
4 months of the year left. Plenty of time. I was back cycling gently within 4 months of breaking my spine, and almost two months were bed rest.

Top Bottom