My Season is over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wtf :rolleyes:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sadly where I am at in the US, around late October/early November, the weather here gets very cold. 30*F (-1*C) and lower, with very cold winds and snow. Not good for biking. In addition the length daylight is shorter by a lot of hours, meaning it is generally only sunny when I am at work. At night the temp plummets. Add to the fact that people are terrible at driving in the day time, they are even worse at night.

Thank you all for your well wishes, I hope for a speedy recovery and able to do better next year.
turbo :smile:
my record commuting is - 12 c on 23 mm road tyres . in hindsight a bit daft as those tyres.. mid winter i run a slick tyres mtb with poggies and plenty of layers 1

cyberknight

Poggies ???
bar mitts
BarMitts_Drop_600w_600h.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The right clothing and equipment you can ride in anything. I've done -12c and a foot of snow. There is something special about cold weather. It's great off road on trails and tracks as it's dry and frozen - not often you come back clean.

There are members on here that are from the cold parts of The States who ride all year. It is do-able and enjoyable. f you'd rather not ride on the road, then thare are tracks.

I started back from my bad spinal injury by riding down the local canal - a bit bumpy and couldn't go far, but it was a start. I've personally chosen to give up road cycling, mainly due to injuries sustained, and my mental health/that of my family as it was very serious at the time. I enjoy off road now, but it's not always easy to do an hour after work, especially if everywhere is filthy - add in cleaning time etc. When time crunched, I'll do 30 minutes to an hour or more on the turbo. They are hateful things, but a Zwift subscription helps (you can just subscribe for the winter) - you can ride, see your progress, and at least you've got 'visual input'. Pop on some tunes, stick a fan on full, and you can at least maintain fitness for the 'good stuff'.

cyberknight

Good for those with Reynards ! I have family with it, but I'm lucky, I don't need too thick gloves at all.
my problem exactly , toe wise i have winter shoes with overshoes .
Take yesterday 15 c i think , thin full finger gloves and my fingertips in middle fingers were still white .

Slick

Guru
The right clothing and equipment you can ride in anything. I've done -12c and a foot of snow. There is something special about cold weather. It's great off road on trails and tracks as it's dry and frozen - not often you come back clean.

There are members on here that are from the cold parts of The States who ride all year. It is do-able and enjoyable. f you'd rather not ride on the road, then thare are tracks.

I started back from my bad spinal injury by riding down the local canal - a bit bumpy and couldn't go far, but it was a start. I've personally chosen to give up road cycling, mainly due to injuries sustained, and my mental health/that of my family as it was very serious at the time. I enjoy off road now, but it's not always easy to do an hour after work, especially if everywhere is filthy - add in cleaning time etc. When time crunched, I'll do 30 minutes to an hour or more on the turbo. They are hateful things, but a Zwift subscription helps (you can just subscribe for the winter) - you can ride, see your progress, and at least you've got 'visual input'. Pop on some tunes, stick a fan on full, and you can at least maintain fitness for the 'good stuff'.
I have always enjoyed being out in all weather but I'm considering giving it a miss this year due to salt trying to kill all my bikes. Another good reason to stick to the trails.

Top Bottom