My shiny new Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Hi again VamP. The ride back was 133miles,how did you get there? Are you in training for the next T of B ?

I rode up a day before. Different route, and shorter at 107 miles. Am trying to pick the fitness up in time for the end of the season after injury forced lay-off, but no lofty aspirations :hello:

I rode up a day before. Different route, and shorter at 107 miles. Am trying to pick the fitness up in time for the end of the season after injury forced lay-off, but no lofty aspirations :hello:

Hi VamP. Yes, I know the effects of an enforced lay off. Back in early November 2007 at the age of 62yrs and after many years of troublesome knees,brought about by a childhood issue and made worse by years of cycling,road & track & competition Judo I had total left knee replacement. At that point I had not been on a bike for over a year and then another year after the surgery and manipulation to increase the movement (angle of bend) in the new knee & the soft tissue etc.
I am now 67yrs young and have recently moved into Ellington,Northumberland and beginning to get going again but of course it is the worst time of the year and more-so up here than in Upholland,West Lancashire where I had lived for 43yrs.
Oh Well,at least I can still turn the pedals on any of my three bikes,one of which is a return to fixed wheel after a 40yr softening with Campagnolo & Shimano.

VamP

Banned
Hi VamP. Yes, I know the effects of an enforced lay off. Back in early November 2007 at the age of 62yrs and after many years of troublesome knees,brought about by a childhood issue and made worse by years of cycling,road & track & competition Judo I had total left knee replacement. At that point I had not been on a bike for over a year and then another year after the surgery and manipulation to increase the movement (angle of bend) in the new knee & the soft tissue etc.
I am now 67yrs young and have recently moved into Ellington,Northumberland and beginning to get going again but of course it is the worst time of the year and more-so up here than in Upholland,West Lancashire where I had lived for 43yrs.
Oh Well,at least I can still turn the pedals on any of my three bikes,one of which is a return to fixed wheel after a 40yr softening with Campagnolo & Shimano.

:bravo:

That's a great story and puts my griping about my issues into perspective. Well done!

Sorry people but Amy chance of sticking to topic please,ta.

Hi Chris. Yes,of course. It just seemed a natural extension from the shiny new Bianchi.
However,I also have a "Shiny New ( to me) Bianchi" ,it is a 50cm Via Nirone 7 Alu Carbon. The bike is 4yrs old and a credit to the previous user/own.
It has had a wheel upgrade onto Mavic Open Pro with Campagnolo Silver Hubs and Stainless Steel spokes.
Since I got it 4wks ago I have stripped and re-taped the bars after moving the levers back nearer the wings. The bike runs on Mirage and was a double plus nine,it is now a triple plus nine but using the same front shifter. 280920121146.jpg
280920121141.jpg
I have fitted my 140mm Thorn cranks with Marcel Berthet Lyotard Platform Pedals & Stronglight rings. 280920121143.jpg

fudgepanda

Chris H: That looks fabulous. I've recently come back to cycling after decades away and bought a Bianchi Camaleonte hybrid and while I was in the shop where I bought it recently I was looking at a Via Nirone 7. All was well until the chap in the shop told me that once my Cylcescheme bike was 12 months old.....I could get another one. Mmm, roll on September.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Chris H: That looks fabulous. I've recently come back to cycling after decades away and bought a Bianchi Camaleonte hybrid and while I was in the shop where I bought it recently I was looking at a Via Nirone 7. All was well until the chap in the shop told me that once my Cylcescheme bike was 12 months old.....I could get another one. Mmm, roll on September.
Thanks mate,i love it so much that i'm now on the hunt for a vintage 70's or 80's Bianchi.I have been looking at the Bianchi Jab mtb's too,i just really like the brand and cant recommend it highly enough:thumbsup:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Until I took delivery of my Bianchi Impulso Veloce earlier this year, I rode a 1977 Carlton Circuit. Now I wont even get on the Carlton because it feels like its stuck to the ground in comparison when I try lifting it.

I don't clean my Bianchi every ride, especially when I get back cold and wet myself, but I did clean and lubricate it earlier this week (on the off chance that the world wouldn't end yesterday) and its gleaming this morning. :smile:

(below is when it was new)
7474248144_64111cc863_z.jpg

7617241362_2fe41442b8_z.jpg

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Until I took delivery of my Bianchi Impulso Veloce earlier this year, I rode a 1977 Carlton Circuit. Now I wont even get on the Carlton because it feels like its stuck to the ground in comparison when I try lifting it.

I don't clean my Bianchi every ride, especially when I get back cold and wet myself, but I did clean and lubricate it earlier this week (on the off chance that the world wouldn't end yesterday) and its gleaming this morning. :smile:

(below is when it was new)
7474248144_64111cc863_z.jpg

7617241362_2fe41442b8_z.jpg
That is stunning :thumbsup:

Top Bottom