My shiny new Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
Very sharp bike, the white looks great. The bike stand is interesting too. I have been working with PVC pipe and have not come up with a stand I really like. I think we have some landscape timbers at the shop...hmmm. I think I know what I will be doing after work tomorrow. :smile: Congrats on the new bike.

VamP

Banned
Looks co clean and shiny.

Made me rush out and grab a pic of mine after 133 rainy miles yesterday. Many happy miles with yours.

040.jpg

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Very Nice bike. I almost bought that very same bike myself, but went for the CAAD10 instead.

Great colour choice, I think it's the nicest.

Not sure about swapping the casette though? Maybe I misread the post.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Cheers everyone,some really nice comments,much appreciated......scruffmonster,my mrs was horrified when i told her i wanted to change bits already ^_^ The reason is that whilst belting down a familiar hill i found myself bouncing off the seat where i was trying to keep up with the pedals,the other cassette is higher geared allowing me to still pedal down the same hill,i like speeeeeeeeeeed :hyper:

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Cheers everyone,some really nice comments,much appreciated......scruffmonster,my mrs was horrified when i told her i wanted to change bits already ^_^ The reason is that whilst belting down a familiar hill i found myself bouncing off the seat where i was trying to keep up with the pedals,the other cassette is higher geared allowing me to still pedal down the same hill,i like speeeeeeeeeeed :hyper:

Huh? Not to be a d1ck, but that must see you going close to 50mph?

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Huh? Not to be a d1ck, but that must see you going close to 50mph?
Nooooo not that sort of speed,i hav'nt got a computer on this bike,its still on my old bike so unsure of speed but definatly not close to 50mph,at a guess i'd say 35mph ish,on my other bike i have reached 44mph down the same hill and still able to pedal,hence the reason to swap the cassettes over.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Nooooo not that sort of speed,i hav'nt got a computer on this bike,its still on my old bike so unsure of speed but definatly not close to 50mph,at a guess i'd say 35mph ish,on my other bike i have reached 44mph down the same hill and still able to pedal,hence the reason to swap the cassettes over.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm more stable, and faster, in an aero tuck (of sorts) at anything past 25mph downhill. I've topped out at 47mph without pedalling.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Lovely bike, but a happy bike can't stay that clean for long.

VamP

Banned

Isn't the smallest sprocket on your cassette already 11t? Should be according to the bike spec.

Looks co clean and shiny.

Made me rush out and grab a pic of mine after 133 rainy miles yesterday. Many happy miles with yours.

View attachment 14271
Hi VampP. A 133mile round trip for a portion of Fish & Chips is a little extreme or was this your taster trip into CycloCross? Be careful that you don't leave the white paint looking like it has Mud Rash from the dried up gunge after atacking it with spit & polish.

VamP

Banned
Hi VampP. A 133mile round trip for a portion of Fish & Chips is a little extreme or was this your taster trip into CycloCross? Be careful that you don't leave the white paint looking like it has Mud Rash from the dried up gunge after atacking it with spit & polish.

Too late. Due to racing and other commitments Poor Beverley still looks that way. Hopefully tomorrow... She does look like she has been in CX race, but hasn't really.

The 133 miler was coming home from seeing my mum up in the Midlands, sadly no fish and chips on this ride.

Too late. Due to racing and other commitments Poor Beverley still looks that way. Hopefully tomorrow... She does look like she has been in CX race, but hasn't really.

The 133 miler was coming home from seeing my mum up in the Midlands, sadly no fish and chips on this ride.

Hi again VamP. The ride back was 133miles,how did you get there? Are you in training for the next T of B ?

Top Bottom