My son has had an 'off'.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP

661-Pete

Had another call from Strathclyde coppers, no joy, they say they passed the message on to Highland who also deny all knowledge. It looks as if the bike was just left there. I've told them to bloody well get a patrol car up that road to find and recover the bike, and then tell us where they've taken it. If it's still there. :biggrin::angry::angry:

Our son's more or less all right, we had a chat with him in hospital, they're talking of discharging him into our care when we show up tomorrow night, no plans for surgery. No eye socket injury mentioned and he says his eyesight seems OK, he's just very sore and achey. The nurse said she would prefer him to be discharged with relatives rather than just being sent to get on the train which would have been his only other option, better policy if there's a head injury. I can understand that.

Off to Fort William now. A long long drive but we've booked a hotel and also fixed to stop the first night and return at my sister's, conveniently she's in Yorkshire about 1/2 way en route.

Thanks again guys.

Best wishes to all, Pete

sunnyjim

Only just saw this, so you've probably left for Fort Bill by now. That bit of road is very scenic, but unfortunately is also a major trunk route so very busy with a volume of traffic it was never designed for, so can be unpleasant cycling. I drive along there almost every other weekend in summer (from Edinburgh - I keep a little boat near Oban). If you can't get the bike back this week, let me know if I could be of any help dropping in at the local copshops to chivvy them along , picking up/ delivering bike etc.

Jim

wafflycat

Glad that your son's injuries sound not too serious. :angry:

Hope he mends swiftly and completely. Of course, as I told WCMnr when he had his big 'off', chicks dig scars :biggrin:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Best wishes to your son, very sad to hear.

I hope he recovers quickly.

The "lost bike" is pretty dodgy, I hope that they can recover it, or thats its just an admin f*ck up. It shows that your son must have been quite disoriented or out cold for a while for him not to have checked the bike, 1st thing I do after an off is rush to see if the bike is okay. Im sure many people are like this also.

mcshroom said:
+1

How anyone can be so cowardly as to drive off in a situation like this is beyond me. :biggrin:

Assuming they even noticed they'd hit him? If it was an HGV or a farm vehicle it possibly wouldn't even register that there'd been an impact.
OTOH, could well be a nutter with a grudge.
Hope he's OK, if the bike goes missing it's a bummer but it can be replaced, he can't.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Browser said:
Assuming they even noticed they'd hit him? If it was an HGV or a farm vehicle it possibly wouldn't even register that there'd been an impact.
OTOH, could well be a nutter with a grudge.
Hope he's OK, if the bike goes missing it's a bummer but it can be replaced, he can't.

Sadly it also means he cant use it as evidence should the driver be caught, all evidence is welcome in this situation.

I had a run in with a driver on friday, no concern for my state, refusing to give details then saying he was un-insured before leaving, this guy was a scumbag. I havent read this whole thread (so forgive me if i have misunderstood the jist of things), but if the driver didnt stop at all, then he is 10 times the scumbag I had my run in with. Best of luck finding the c*nt and prosecuting to max extent of the law!

e-rider

crappy member
Sounds like your son has had a very lucky escape - could have had a much worse ending. As you say, bikes can be replaced (although I would be annoyed too). Get your son home and all will be well.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Thats seems crazy that the police would just leave his bike, especially when it could leave some clues on how the accident happened. Hope he is doing ok.

I've actually travelled up part of the A82 and some of the cars do go it bit fast as some parts are straight. I think the worst part of my tour to oban a few years back was going on the A85 after lochearnhead, a very narrow bendy road. Should of took the cycle route which i couldn't find at the time.

All the best.

postman

Legendary Member
Just seen this also .Praying that all is ok .And this incident will be soon forgotten .

Seems like the Police are a bit slow .And it does not say much for the driver .

I wonder what he/she will think when they find damage to the car .

All the best to all of your family .

Wobblers

Euthermic
Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you and your son.

If it happened at Rannoch Moor, that section of the road I think is under the jurusdiction of Highland Police. Hope they/you recover the bike.

Top Bottom