My Stephen Roche Road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Veteran
I thought it was about time I took some pics of my road bike to share, I bought it last year from a guy local to me who had bought the frame from Paris as new old stock. He spent a bit of time researching its origins and eventually created a page on the web detailing his findings on Stephen Roche and his bikes.
The frame is Columbus EL OS and looks to have been painted by Bioracer
Dating of a similarly-painted Bioracer branded frame its suggests a date of c.1994 for this frame. Italian threaded BB. Straight seat stays. V- shaped rear brake bridge. Fully lugged construction.
Here is a link to the previous owners findings if any one is interested

https://stephenrochebikes.wordpress.com/

Frame: 1815g
EL Unicrown Fork: 705g
Dropouts are near vertical Tecnociclo
Down tube takes a 27.0mm seatpost and is ovalized at BB
Spec aside its a lovely bike to ride and my pride and joy, the bike is really light and responsive and its running Ultegra with Dura ace shifters so feels as good as my carbon modern bike to ride.
It may not be the most vintage steel framed bike but I take great pleasure in looking at and riding it.
Has any one seen any other Stephen Roche branded bikes, would love to find another out there
IMG_7826.JPG
IMG_7828.JPG
IMG_7829.JPG
IMG_7830.JPG
IMG_7832.JPG
IMG_7831.JPG
IMG_7826.JPG
IMG_7828.JPG
IMG_7829.JPG
IMG_7830.JPG
IMG_7832.JPG
IMG_7831.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG
?

That's very nice indeed:thumbsup:.

Nice 'boos too.

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
Yes love using it. I have changed the saddle, handlebars and put new schwalbe extremo tyres on since these photos but apart from that it's as you had it.

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
Quick update on my Stephen Roche bike. I had the opportunity to rebuild the bike after it needed to be stripped for a bit of repair work to the paint after it was damaged accidentally. The frame was sent off to Carbonbikerepair.co.uk who I must say did an amazing job of touching up the damaged paint, cannot fault their work. As I now had the bike in bits I decided to fit a taller stem as the old one was a bit to short in height for me. I couldnt find a black one tall enough so decided to use a Nitto silver one I had. I then changed the seat post to match and found a nice ultegra 6600 series compact chainset to complete the new look. I was unsure about how it might end up but I am really pleased with not only how it looks but on the improved comfort from the new higher front end set up

Top Bottom