My Tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I can see that the stoker would have to be confident that the captain wasn't going to do anything stupid!

I don't have the space or the money for a bike like that now but maybe one day in the future ...?

machew

Veteran
Just don't go through fords at speed, tried it once, and the back wheel tried to overtake the front one. Much shouting from the stoker, who hasn't let me forget it

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't even go through fords at speed on my racing bike. I did once and crashed so I don't risk it now. The ford was in a dip between a steep descent and a steep climb and I wanted to maintain momentum. What I didn't know until it was too late was that the part of the road through the ford was cobbled (why!!! :eek: ), the cobbles were slimy with moss, and there were gaps between them big enough to trap a 23C tyre!

Tynan

Veteran
Mrs Uncle Phil and I bought a tandem not so long ago. We actually agreed the deal way back in the summer, but we finally collected it a few weeks back. It's one of these (not the actual bike in the photo - that's one we borrowed from JD tandems for the day). It means that Mrs Uncle Phil can see where we're going, rather than spending the whole ride looking at my back. We love it!

She can also do all the signalling, read maps, wave at other cyclists with both hands... We're working up to having her knitting on dull stretches of road.

BothonPino.jpg

Oh yes, and despite all the touring kit, if we give it a bit of vim, it does go. We've collected a scalp or two already.

I saw what I now realise as one of these on Friday in Hackeny, at the time I thought I imagined it

If you want to go on some rides in great company, why not join the Tandem Club? Your local section will probably organise monthly rides, and I guarantee that you and your lad will be made most welcome.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
I have a Dawes 2 Across,originally stoked by SWMBO,who cannot now ride it.My grand daughter is the most frequent stoker.
Considering your location I would suggest doing a lap (or more ) of Lake Vyrnwy.Almost flat,pleasant scenery & a good cafe at the dam.

Top Bottom