My theory about comedians being like Jedi Knights and Sith Lords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have a theory about comedians being like Sith Lords and Jedi Knights. Most people would rather be good than evil, so would incline to be Jedi Knights. On the other hand, Sith Lords appear to be more individually powerful, and that must be very tempting. I didn't think it was a fair match when Darth Maul had to fight the young Obi-Wan Kenobi and his master at the same time. I did not watch the other two in that series but I saw some YouTube clips of a Sith Lord taking on a whole bunch of Jedis by himself. It can only be fair if being a Sith gives you an advantage. Likewise, comedians who tell clean jokes are like Jedi Knights, while comedians who tell filthy jokes are like Sith Lords. You admire the clean comedians more, e.g. Milton Jones, but the dirty comedians are funnier, e.g. Jimmy Carr. Where this leaves comedians who rely on mild innuendo, I'm not sure.

Comments, thoughts, appreciation?

:laugh: you're barmy, YF.

In a nice way of course.

TVC

I prefer to think that the Jedi and Sith are like characters in the Bible. Completely made up to tell a far fetched story.

TVC

When it comes to comedians who I really admire it's those who can pitch their act to any audience. Gary Delaney for example can present a full set of silly jokes, puns and wordplay to a group of schoolkids, but he can also do an hour of the filthiest and sick jokes available - both of which I have seen him do.

Where that puts him on the Star Wars analogy I have no idea.

subaqua

What’s the point
When it comes to comedians who I really admire it's those who can pitch their act to any audience. Gary Delaney for example can present a full set of silly jokes, puns and wordplay to a group of schoolkids, but he can also do an hour of the filthiest and sick jokes available - both of which I have seen him do.

Where that puts him on the Star Wars analogy I have no idea.

Chewbacca.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom