My Trek 1.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickl52

An interesting conversation about bike colours. I have only just joined this forum and am starting to build up an interest in road biking. Looking at getting my first bike, one of which is the new Giant Defy 3 (2010) in YELLOW. I saw another thread on here somewhere about people not having a yellow bike bacause they are not fast enough to ride it. Could somebody explain this more to me? Has it got something to do with the Maillot Jaune in the Tour de France?

Crankarm

Guru
Looks very nice. What's the spec of the groupset? I thought the Trek 1.5 was all Ultegra groupset except the wheels (Bontrager) as was the Trek 1500 which I have. It's a gorgeous frame and ride IMHO and fits me perfectly. Excellent VFM bikes.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
damn it!

I had managed to convince myself that I could manage with my old bike and that I didn't need a new bike, then you go and post those pics :biggrin:

I really like that colour, I have to admit:becool:

BorderCollieSam

aJohnson said:
Rides great, ofcourse it's my first road bike so I don't know much about them...
My only concern is the white bar tape, i'll have to find a way to keep it clean.

Hi aJohnson, really strange looking at your bike here, as i have the exact same bike!:hyper:

Got mine as soon as it was released last year, the white bar tape was a nightmare to keep clean during the winter, i ended up going with black for a few months, however it looked naff with the black tape, so went white again and i've found a REALLY GOOD way of cleaning it and keeping it clean.

Go to Halfords and pick up a can of GROOM, its a car upholsterly cleaner and it sprays out of the can in a white foam, which seems to eat away at the dirt, leave it on for about 10 seconds, then rup it clean with a clean cloth and the bar tape comes up like new, even removed oil from the bar tape that i've accidentally got on it during maintenance.

Here is mine:-

http://www.sonifenton-scott.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MyBikes.htm

EDIT - I'VE SINCE REMOVED THE RELECTORS AND FITTED SPD CLIPLESS PEDALS

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Ty for the tip BCS, I was getting annoyed as I've had a patch of dirt on the side of the tape since I got it. I'll be sure to try that method of cleaning.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Why have you got such a HUGE saddle bag on your bike.
Jesus, looks like you could go touring with that thing.
How much crap do you carry?:hyper:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Joe24 said:
Why have you got such a HUGE saddle bag on your bike.
Jesus, looks like you could go touring with that thing.
How much crap do you carry?:hyper:

:hyper: It's a medium sized one. I'll probably be getting a smaller one as time goes on, at the moment it's not on as I have no need to carry anything in it for the time being.

It currently looks like this:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
aJohnson said:
:hyper: It's a medium sized one. I'll probably be getting a smaller one as time goes on, at the moment it's not on as I have no need to carry anything in it for the time being.

It currently looks like this:

Ahhh, just looks huge.
Why did you get it if you havent got anything to put in it:wacko:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Joe24 said:
Ahhh, just looks huge.
Why did you get it if you havent got anything to put in it:wacko:

I had a gift voucher for a shop, and it was just something I thought I may need later. It was a mtb shop so it didn't have much that'd need.

BorderCollieSam

aJohnson said:
Ty for the tip BCS, I was getting annoyed as I've had a patch of dirt on the side of the tape since I got it. I'll be sure to try that method of cleaning.

aJohnson, when did you get your bike?

Have you had any flats yet? I got mine last November and i was getting approx 3-4 flats per week.....

I upgraded the tyres to Bontrager Hard Case, i haven't had a single puncture since January and i ride 20 miles everyday plus the odd club run on a Sunday between 60-70 miles....

The hardcase were about £15 per tyre, but i think you can get them online for £9.99, they are a good tyre if you need to replace you existing, as i found the tyres that came with it to be crap!

Top Bottom