My TRICE Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That's lovely that is.

Couple of times I followed some guy on a Windcheetah on my commute (wonder what happened to him? rarely see other cyclists).

Three things:

- I had to bust a gut to keep up with him on my MTB. Except if there were speedbumps.
- The traffic gave him LOADS of room, If they overtook at all. It was a pleasure to follow him because of this.
- I didn't get much benefit from drafting him.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yes, drivers don't know what to make of you, so they slow right down and overtake by completely changing lanes.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Hehe. Today was the first time I actually left it out of my sight (locked) - but that was at the end of a group ride with lots of cyclists about. I think it will be a while yet before I leave it unattended for long. :-)

blue trice

Lovejoy,
since riding a blue trice,
women seem to take more noticeof me !!!!!!!!!!
do u get the same amount of attention or more-------------
blue trice

Arch

Married to Night Train
But the red ones go faster.;)

Or certainly, the red fully faired borealis ones I saw at the rally this weekend would. They looked like they were doing 150mph just sitting still!

<drool>

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Arch said:
But the red ones go faster.;)
Nah, black ones are faster, it's simple fizzicks, innit ...

Black absorbs light across the spectrum and doesn't reflect any of it, so the energy of the photons striking it from behind help to propel it along, whereas you bounce off the red photons and thus loose their energy.

Obviously the Streamer fairing is needed to bounce off all the photons approaching from the front.

Ben

Looks ace!!! Would love to have a go on one!!! xx(

yello

It's a thing of beauty. I'd love one... but I just can't imagine how I'd use it! I think it'd end up an expensive extravagance.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

yello said:
It's a thing of beauty. I'd love one... but I just can't imagine how I'd use it!
It's my main bike. With me, it's definitely the other way around: if I had a conventional bike, I can't imagine ever using that. :-) (My other bike is a Brompton, used when I need something small for rush-hour train travel, etc.)

Ben

Top Bottom