My ugly betty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

She's a dirty tatty Claud Butler 531 steel tourer, due some new wheels. She carries me to work and back every day, to the shops, to the pub, and anywhere else I care to roam. I don't care if she's old and ugly because it makes her less desirable to chavscum thieving toerags.

loaded.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Any chance of a pic of your missus?

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

LOL!
I don't necessarily look for the same attributes in my women as I do in my bikes.

Funnily enough, her bike is a shiny VSF Fahrrad Manufaktur T100. Classic frame, beautiful English seat, and a wonderful rack.
girlbike.jpg

And here they are relaxing together.
sandwichbay.jpg

Abitrary

If I was a trained bicycle theiving chav, I'd know exactly what that bike was worth after a 1 minute training youtube course

Lock it up brock. You don't want to end up walking back from the pub

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Oh I do lock it up, I see the tattyness and general grime as a secondary deterrent.
Re-reading this thread I must say I'm somewhat perturbed to note that I've anthropomorphised my bicycle, how girly is that? Pretty sure I've never done that before. Should I seek counselling?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
As quickly as possible....................:biggrin:

Edit: Oh, nice bike too BTW :rolleyes:

I've just resurrected a 531 frame that I had built in the early '80s and am looking for luggage to match ...

Where did you get the blue Bar bags? Are they available in red to match my frame?

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

John Ponting said:
I've just resurrected a 531 frame that I had built in the early '80s and am looking for luggage to match ...

Where did you get the blue Bar bags? Are they available in red to match my frame?

:rolleyes:
I got mine free with a four pack of Tetly bitter, a giant crusty loaf and a black pudding (among other things) from a corner shop in West Lulworth, I'm not sure they do red, but you could maybe try here. You might have to flog some on ebay though, because they come in 500s. :biggrin:

Top Bottom