My website is "RED HOT" according to Google Trends :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Globalti said:
Do you want my picture? I'm often told I'm well preserved for my age.
Yeah, I'd never have guessed that you were 76! ;)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
ColinJ said:
Apart from it being a bit of fun, I think the point is that when you get bored you might exit the site via one of the ads rather than via the browser's back button! :smile:

hmm...oh no! I have much less obvious methods than that :biggrin:

Globalti said:
Wouldn't "Guessmybrasize" be a bit more interesting?

Perhaps for you...you don't get to see all the photos I deny from the site :laugh:

(though occasionally, I do play a game of "Guess the Gender" :tongue: - that's not so pleasant.)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
montage said:
You racking in money from ads? Or does google get it all?
Obviously Google doesn't get it all otherwise people wouldn't feature Adsense (Google Ads) on their sites but the exact percentage that they pass on isn't stated. I've seen people guess as low as 20% and as high as 80% so the real figure is probably somewhere in between and might vary according to some secret formula.

It's a weird that people agree to provide a service when they don't know in advance how much they will be paid for it but that's how it works!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
montage said:
You racking in money from ads? Or does google get it all?

Yesterday went quite well. Today was way down compared, but still more than normal. Certainly can treat myself to a few more beers when on Holiday :biggrin:

ColinJ said:
Obviously Google doesn't get it all otherwise people wouldn't feature Adsense (Google Ads) on their sites but the exact percentage that they pass on isn't stated. I've seen people guess as low as 20% and as high as 80% so the real figure is probably somewhere in between and might vary according to some secret formula.

It's a weird that people agree to provide a service when they don't know in advance how much they will be paid for it but that's how it works!

You never really know with internet stuff. Even the affiliate stuff, yes, if you sell X product you get an X commission, but a lot of the time you'll sell something different/extra items/etc, so it's all a bit of a gamble :smile:

An old friend of mine told a load of people that he had to pay to have adsense on his site, and each click cost him money.....he made £150 that day, and then got his account suspended :smile:

Top Bottom