My wife is going downhill slowly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HarryTheDog
Yes it can cause problems. A rider slamming on her brakes in front of me, downhill, on a sportive, was the cause of my concussion and broken collar bone. This has resulted in my own nervousness downhill although I'll still do it at speed, but I am very wary riding with other people now.

It will take some time for her to get used to it but I would avoid encouraging her to ride in groups until she's more confident.
Yes as I had mentioned earlier in the thread this is exactly the issue I wished to avoid, her causing and being part of a accident in a large group, the sportive she entered ( velothon wales) we cancelled. As well as the MTB coaching she took, she has also signed up to do a lady's road skills course at Redbridge cycle centre ( Hog Hill as was) . Anyone who knows that course knows it is basically a long downhill follwed by a long uphill drag then short sharp steep uphill, so hopefully she will get some group skills there.
Hypnotherapy to reduce the anxiety of traffic? ;)
Hypnotherapy can work on anything given that you have the right hypnotherapist and a patient open to suggestion. It worked on my wife who also believes in psychic's and such like. It has been tried on my daughter before ( for thumb sucking when she was younger) and it did not work,

OP
OP
HarryTheDog
@PhilDawson8270 Just a example of how my wife's hypnotherapy seems to have worked, she went out for a ride by herself this morning,( she left me snoring in bed) 20 miles 12.9 mph average, max speed 38 mph. A speed she would never have imagined doing prior to hypnotherapy. She actually cant believe the garmin she know she went down a hill as fast as possible without looking at the speedo as going so fast. She only checked it when she got in.
After uploading it, the 38 was a spike and looks totally wrong, max speed was actually probably 24 mph, still better than it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom