My wife say's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That I have a Brompton shaped hole in my life. Every time I see one I keep telling her I need/want/must have one. I think they are really cool, useful, practicle amd fun. I have ridden one and I still want one. She doesn't see the point of them, bless her.

The thing is I don't need one, there, I said it, I can't think of single time I would use it, I suppose I could keep it in the car " just in case" .

I'm guessing that most Brompton owners have one for mainly practical reasons, storage, commuting, not just for a lark.

I think I need help.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You need help.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Well, I did say 'have to be'... The easy availability of food means the imperative of gaining it for survival is only to be replaced by 'looning about a bit' so for that I reckon a small wheeled bike in the boot for no other reason than 'looning about a bit' is a good idea. :smile:

Sara_H

Guru
That I have a Brompton shaped hole in my life. Every time I see one I keep telling her I need/want/must have one. I think they are really cool, useful, practicle amd fun. I have ridden one and I still want one. She doesn't see the point of them, bless her.

The thing is I don't need one, there, I said it, I can't think of single time I would use it, I suppose I could keep it in the car " just in case" .

I'm guessing that most Brompton owners have one for mainly practical reasons, storage, commuting, not just for a lark.

I think I need help.
Get one. Mine arrived this morning. I don't need one really, but it'll keep me entertained and out of mischief. Where's the harm?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Get one. You know you want to.
I've had mine for 5 years now, and I could probably sell it at a profit.
Not that I ever would, of course...

Kies

Folding bikes are a giggle at best and the most practical bike you can own. I have used mine to drop the car off to the garage (ride back), shopping and commuting. Sometimes i take it out for a ride because it's a nice day.
Always a talking point and everyone smiles at you bobbling along ..... At 20mph !!!!!

A word of warning...... take heed of my tale of woe

I have been here.

My wife recognised my need for a Brompton, and assisted me in fulfilling that need.

I should have seen the waning signs when she made (at the time innocuous) comments sch as "Green would be nice" and "it does adjust easily"

However I didn't, and my naive trust in my wife was soon betrayed when she started "nipping round to the shop" and "nipping round to see her mother" on the Brompton

After that it was a slippery slope until the day that she decided to leave the car at home, cycle to the station, take the train, and cycle to work at the far end.
That was it....

I had to sadly come to the realisation that my Brompton had found someone else and was now in a monogamous relationship with my wife.

Holding back the tears I realised that there was only one thing to do and that was to buy the newly released Brompton S6 in classic black... which I did!

Mr Foldy

A word of warning...... take heed of my tale of woe

I have been here.

My wife recognised my need for a Brompton, and assisted me in fulfilling that need.

I should have seen the waning signs when she made (at the time innocuous) comments sch as "Green would be nice" and "it does adjust easily"

However I didn't, and my naive trust in my wife was soon betrayed when she started "nipping round to the shop" and "nipping round to see her mother" on the Brompton

After that it was a slippery slope until the day that she decided to leave the car at home, cycle to the station, take the train, and cycle to work at the far end.
That was it....

I had to sadly come to the realisation that my Brompton had found someone else and was now in a monogamous relationship with my wife.

Holding back the tears I realised that there was only one thing to do and that was to buy the newly released Brompton S6 in classic black... which I did!

My missus doesn't understand Mr Foldy at all and I confidently predict won't get on a bike any time soon. I love her dearly but it would feel odd watching her take Mr Foldy off on a trip.I would love it if she did see the light and get her own folder. It must be so cool if you and your wife can now do folding trips together.
Rather than me being in a monogamous relation ship with my Dahon though, I assure you we are just best mates!

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Youre cycling life is incomplete without a Bromton

You cant compete the BBAR without one

I need one also for no reason :smile:

Top Bottom