My Wifes great - look what she surprised me with!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
LimeBurn

LimeBurn

Über Member
I agree it is trully awful and will be going as soon as I've sourced a suitable quill stem.
i told someone on here i didn't like there bar tape identical to yours and that they need to change it IMO, they wern't very happy and i was a naughty boy :sad:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
LimeBurn

LimeBurn

Über Member
Well the rear wheel had been dropped off at LBS for the spoke to be replaced and re-trued. I've adjusted the brakes as they were rubbing slightly, re-aligned the mudguards as they weren't fitted to my liking and I've found that one of the rear rack mounts has had a bolt sheared off in it, don't know why they didn't have it removed before having it repainted. Started drilling it out today but then the heavens opened so it's only half drilled :smile: Oh and I need a longer angled stoker stem to give my wife a more comfortable perch - speaking of perches the saddles will be swapped for something more aesthetically pleasing.

OP
OP
LimeBurn

LimeBurn

Über Member
That was down to me, due to my snake like hips my ample width wouldn't fit between the hoods so a temporary measure of moving them out of the way until a longer stoker stem is located, she's also not decided whether she wants drops or straight bars as yet
It's not the bar tape that confoozled me, it's the weird angle of the stoker's bars and the comfort brake levers that got me. Grand present, though.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Wow LB... that's a fantastic bike! Well done Mrs LB!

We've done 170 moles on our tandem since April- Mrs A_T hasn't been on her bike since we got it either!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
After 170 moles.... they all look the same.

Richard P

... From what I can tell its a Dawes Super Galaxy View attachment 57726

To Limeburn (as I can't send a PM directly):
Could you confirm what's been fitted as rear hub, gears and shift levers?
We've recently acquired acquired a similar secondhand bike with original 6-speed freewheel, downtube shifters and hub drag brake.

Your wonderful yellow machine seems to have modern STI levers..... are these connected to the original 6-speed freewheel, or has it been upgraded to more modern gearing?

Loving our Dawes but still getting used to non-indexed separate shifters - would be nice to find out more about potential upgrades to integrated, indexed shifting^_^.
Thanks, Richard

Top Bottom