My winter project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
though i would post a picture to show difference in dropouts in case anyone (else like me) was unsure of difference, the forged one is sliver and the cheaper stamped one is brown.

Attachments

• 075-cartoon-bananas-joke.gif
    075-cartoon-bananas-joke.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 075-cartoon-bananas-joke.gif
    075-cartoon-bananas-joke.gif
    7 KB · Views: 44

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
In a moment of madness, I bought a Carlton Corsa frame in rough condition. My intention is to restore it to it's former glory and take it to L'eroica next year. I'll be doing all the work myself including the respray. I'll post updates occasionally which should keep me motivated ^_^

View attachment 141365

Nice little project! All basic, solid engineering - easy to work on.

The colour Carlton used was polychromatic aqua green. Here is one I have which is pretty much stock condition bar tyres and sundries:

PA190194_zps7e0a46fc.jpg

OP
OP
Wolfie4560

Wolfie4560

The colour Carlton used was polychromatic aqua green. Here is one I have which is pretty much stock condition bar tyres and sundries:

PA190194_zps7e0a46fc.jpg
That's lovely and gives me a benchmark to aim for :smile: I'm now deciding whether to get my forks rechromed. They do have pitting, and it would be a shame to ruin the project because of pitted chrome.

Spokesmann

That's lovely and gives me a benchmark to aim for :smile: I'm now deciding whether to get my forks rechromed. They do have pitting, and it would be a shame to ruin the project because of pitted chrome.

Decal etc are readily available. Let me know you need any guidance on the correct period parts. Look forward to seeing more of the build.

OP
OP
Wolfie4560

Wolfie4560

Decal etc are readily available. Let me know you need any guidance on the correct period parts. Look forward to seeing more of the build.
Thanks, that will be a great help in the future :smile: One thing I have noticed is that on my frame, there is a brazed on cable stop for a front changer. Do you know what the tooth combo was on a 10 speed model? Going on memory from the time, I'm guessing it would be a 52/42 or 52/40?

PA190194_zps7e0a46fc.jpg

That is so nice.
Those Amberwalls really set that off too

Spokesmann

Thanks, that will be a great help in the future :smile: One thing I have noticed is that on my frame, there is a brazed on cable stop for a front changer. Do you know what the tooth combo was on a 10 speed model? Going on memory from the time, I'm guessing it would be a 52/42 or 52/40?

Steel cottered 3-pin detachable 49/42 one on eBay now!

Top Bottom