My Zanussi tower fan heater seems to have died.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just wanting to know if there is anything else I can try.
It was working fine then yesterday when I switched it on......nothing. no indicator light....nothing.
I changed the fuse....nothing.
I plugged a light into the socket and that worked fine.
So........is there anything obvious I should try.
NB. It's over 2 years old but imo should last a lot longer than it has.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have you tried moving the lead around?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Sorry.....what do you mean.
Move it around where ?

Jiggle it a bit whilst turned on. If it suddenly starts working, then it has an internal break in it. Solution would then be to replace the lead.

If this doesn't work, then you need to take it to bits and use a multimeter to check for short or open circuits. Nothing to lose if you break it, as it doesn't work as it is

I had that problem on my (quite expensive) Festool hoover. I'd just about convinced myself it was a problem with the controller board (which detects when you've turned on your sander and then fires up the hoover to catch the dust). I was about to order a new board for £70 but had some niggling doubts which eventually led me to the cable; a much much cheaper fix.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Jiggle it a bit whilst turned on. If it suddenly starts working, then it has an internal break in it. Solution would then be to replace the lead.

If this doesn't work, then you need to take it to bits and use a multimeter to check for short or open circuits. Nothing to lose if you break it, as it doesn't work as it is

I had that problem on my (quite expensive) Festool hoover. I'd just about convinced myself it was a problem with the controller board (which detects when you've turned on your sander and then fires up the hoover to catch the dust). I was about to order a new board for £70 but had some niggling doubts which eventually led me to the cable; a much much cheaper fix.

Right l.... jiggled it, poked, pushed and pulled it....nothing.
I have a mate who has a multimeter and likes taking things apart. He is taking it away tomorrow and will have a go.
He thinks it might have an internal fuse so will check that out.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
for safety, otherwise it'd just get hotter and hotterer

Where would I find it ?

CXRAndy

Guru
It doesn't matter what the warranty is. It has to last a certain amount of time under sales of good act. I recently got Karcher to repair my pressure washer under warranty even though it was over 2years old and it came with only a one year warranty.

Re the heater, it won't have a short as such more likely an open circuit. Depends on whether there is a controller board

classic33

Leg End Member
It doesn't matter what the warranty is. It has to last a certain amount of time under sales of good act*. I recently got Karcher to repair my pressure washer under warranty even though it was over 2years old and it came with only a one year warranty.

Re the heater, it won't have a short as such more likely an open circuit. Depends on whether there is a controller board
*Replaced by the the Consumer Rights Act on October 1, 2015.

Top Bottom