Mysterious noise problem solved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't post a thread asking for help about my problem because i fixed it. Just wanted to add to the general cycle chat knowledge base for future searchers.
Had a small clicking whenever i got out of the saddle which i assumed was somehow pedal/cleat related as it was happening at the same point on every pedal rotation. Turns out it was a loose headset and it was me pulling on the handlebars causing the noise. Does this count as a mechanical though? @Nomadski would probably like to know.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one .Noises are difficult to pinpoint sometimes.Good to hear you had a success.

D

Deleted member 1258

Nice one .Noises are difficult to pinpoint sometimes.Good to hear you had a success.

I practically stripped and rebuilt a bike once looking for a rattle, it turned out to be my metal watch strap rattling against the handlebar, I once had a creak on a bike that sounded like a BB problem, it turned out to be the brake lever clamp bolt, it just needed tightening half a turn. Well done to the op for getting it sorted .

heist

Didn't post a thread asking for help about my problem because i fixed it. Just wanted to add to the general cycle chat knowledge base for future searchers.
Had a small clicking whenever i got out of the saddle which i assumed was somehow pedal/cleat related as it was happening at the same point on every pedal rotation. Turns out it was a loose headset and it was me pulling on the handlebars causing the noise. Does this count as a mechanical though? @Nomadski would probably like to know.

Literally just had the same problem, tried loads of things before I found the solution.

Tynan

Veteran
That London, you can grow old and die at some of them, and I suspect we might have started the conversation on the approach to the junction.

Top Bottom