Mystery meat in Iceland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Major discovery in my quest for homemade kebabs and doner pizza . Found out Iceland do frozen kebab meat :laugh:. 2 mins in the meecrowavey ( got to lov Nigella ) . Chuck on some chilli sauce and I’m good :becool:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just come back from Iceland. Picked up a bag of each Carolina Reaper and Ghost Pepper chicken strips.

snorri

Legendary Member
If you want an evening meal in Iceland, be prepared for a shock! You might end up eating horse meat.
Or Hangikjot......
Hangikjöt Icelandic traditional smoked lamb (hangikjöt in Icelandic) is dry-salted or pickled in brine and cold-smoked over a fire fueled by dried sheep dung. ...
Which actually tasted just excellent after an exhausting day of cycling across the lava fields of Iceland:smile:, and a pleasant change from that other staple local dish of pizza:sad:.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Minge pie, anyone?

1607883335043.png

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Or Hangikjot......
Hangikjöt Icelandic traditional smoked lamb (hangikjöt in Icelandic) is dry-salted or pickled in brine and cold-smoked over a fire fueled by dried sheep dung. ...
Which actually tasted just excellent after an exhausting day of cycling across the lava fields of Iceland:smile:, and a pleasant change from that other staple local dish of pizza:sad:.
Better than that rotten fermented shark they offer to unsuspecting tourists! (And Rick Stein)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Or Hangikjot......
A bit like reestit mutton in Shetland. An acquired taste.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Better than that rotten fermented shark they offer to unsuspecting tourists! (And Rick Stein)

I thought it quite good, albeit wouldn't want a lot of it. It does smell like strong cleaning products though. I brought a pack back to share round the office but there weren't many takers and I had to chuck it in the end as even wrapped up it stunk the office out

postman

Legendary Member
Our local Iceland is doing a special offer for Christmas.Buy some meat and you get a Vera Lynn
Christmas cd.What is the meat.It's the same as last year's Christmas meat.What whale meat again.

Top Bottom