Mystery rubber tube in punc repair kit - do you know what it's for?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by another_dave_b, 21 Feb 2008.

  1. ChrisKH

    ChrisKH Veteran

    It's for use as a temporary airway when your glands swell & block up your throat when you mistakenly eat a chocolate peanut thinking it's a chocolate raisin.
  2. It's a spare part for the now largely obsolete 'Woods' valve. Bin it.
  3. andygates

    andygates New Member

    Or sneak it into a mate's macaroni cheese and watch their face. :angry:
  4. Steve Austin

    Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

    'tips hat at fellow bike geek'
  5. gbb

    gbb Legendary Member

    Oh my age is beginning to show. I remember a time when it seemed EVERY outfit had that tube in....think i even used that piece of rubber ONCE on a faulty valve when i was a kid.
  6. simoncc

    simoncc New Member

    I never used that little rubber tube either. As this kit still has it in I'm surprised it didn't also have a little container of powdered chalk too. That was common in the olden days in posher kits.

    At $8 dollars though I'd want a hosepipe not a little rubber tube. These days I get my puncture outfits at the £1 shop - decent patches, 2 tubes of rubber solution, good tyre levers, a grotty spanner and a couple of Allen keys all for a quid! And Tesco do a good kit for 79p.
  7. jay clock

    jay clock Massive member

    Hampshire UK
    It is a catheter tube. Insert it, and you can pee down the leg of your shorts where the pee evaporates. Not sure if it works for women
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice