Mystery rubber tube in punc repair kit - do you know what it's for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
It's for use as a temporary airway when your glands swell & block up your throat when you mistakenly eat a chocolate peanut thinking it's a chocolate raisin.

gbb

Legendary Member
Oh dear...now my age is beginning to show. I remember a time when it seemed EVERY outfit had that tube in....think i even used that piece of rubber ONCE on a faulty valve when i was a kid.

simoncc

gbb said:
Oh dear...now my age is beginning to show. I remember a time when it seemed EVERY outfit had that tube in....think i even used that piece of rubber ONCE on a faulty valve when i was a kid.

I never used that little rubber tube either. As this kit still has it in I'm surprised it didn't also have a little container of powdered chalk too. That was common in the olden days in posher kits.

At $8 dollars though I'd want a hosepipe not a little rubber tube. These days I get my puncture outfits at the £1 shop - decent patches, 2 tubes of rubber solution, good tyre levers, a grotty spanner and a couple of Allen keys all for a quid! And Tesco do a good kit for 79p.

jay clock

Massive member
It is a catheter tube. Insert it, and you can pee down the leg of your shorts where the pee evaporates. Not sure if it works for women

Top Bottom