n+1 for a significant birthday: advice please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rvw

rvw

Guru
Rides nice in real life too! Did a shortish pootle today - I'm still getting used to it as it's so different to the previous thing. Which has now had all the useful bits of kit stripped off it, as I can't see myself going back.

ianmac62

Guru
Wow! Terrific photos! Looks like a Tubus rack? Can the photographer post a photo of the rack and how it's attached to the seat-stay, please? Is it a single attachment (which it looks like in the first photo in the post)?

And ... CONGRATULATIONS! Many happy miles!

OP
OP
rvw

rvw

Guru
According to the order list, the tack is a Tubus Fly - yes, just one attachment to the seatstay. I think you can see fairly clearly on this, though the phone on my camera is not great:

Tubus rack detail.jpg

I'm sure I shall carry on enjoying this for a very long while!

OP
OP
rvw

rvw

Guru
The nice thing was that having it customised only added £300 to the overall price - from @velovoice 's link I went for the more expensive option, but basically the cost is in the components. You can swap bits in and out (though I didn't, apart from the saddle) and there are other extras such as the paint job.

Is it worth it? You should see the grin on my face!

ianmac62

Guru
According to the order list, the tack is a Tubus Fly - yes, just one attachment to the seatstay. I think you can see fairly clearly on this, though the phone on my camera is not great:

View attachment 135284

I'm sure I shall carry on enjoying this for a very long while!

Thanks, @rvw!

OP
OP
rvw

rvw

Guru
Ah, but the logo is plain metal!

Out for another ride yesterday, and I'm already beginning to get used to the new riding position. I have an expanding shopping list for accessories but the comedy horn has already been removed from the old bike.

ianmac62

Guru
Ah, but the logo is plain metal!

Ah, now that's clever!! Mine has the mirrored logos (on the unpainted titanium) so I thought that's what you had gone for too. But I think I see from the first photo that it's "plain" metal and a hoop before and after! ^_^

Out for another ride yesterday, and I'm already beginning to get used to the new riding position.

It should fit you like a glove! :smile:

I have an expanding shopping list for accessories ...

Whoa! They'll only add weight! You've got smart-looking mudguards and a smart-looking rack! You might add a nice rear light to the rack, e.g. a B&M Toplight, and a GPS/computer mount to the bars; but what else could you need? :stop:

It's a lovely looking bike! Can't wait to ride side-by-side with you!

Top Bottom