N+1 = MTB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brockers

I believe the stock M505 pedals should come with detachable platforms (see pic below) as standard so they don't have to be used clipped in anyway, why not stick with them for the time being until you know what may suit better?

Before I make the effort to scour the internet, can one buy these platform bits separately? I have regular 525s on one bike meaning I have to wear SPD shoes. Would be nice to clip a 'platform' on so I can use non-dork footwear for short journeys.

Edit: Found some! They're called SM-PD22. Can't believe I've not seen these before!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
By the way, the pedals I received do indeed have the platform attached. Cleats too

Cubist

Still wavin'
It's arrived and a massive box is now blocking my hallway - lucky I don't have to adhere to fire regs at home :laugh:

I'll try and get into it later - I have to go to work now boo hoo - and take some pics if I can sort it out

Am very glad I didn't get it delivered to work as normal - no way it would have gone in the car!!

:hyper:

:wahhey: Nice one!

My bike arrived today as well.... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cube-peloton-race-sl.92982/

Chuffed to bits.... c'mon Vickster, we neeeeeeed piccies.................:hyper:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I will just need to get it sorted and then tidy my kitchen - yours puts it to shame

The bikes are multiplying - the carbon is in the spare bedroom upstairs now! :crazy:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Normal, a little one, 10 tools, allen keys?

Now the handlebars need setting, do I just loosten the hex on the top, turn around so straight and retighten?

OK, I am stumped - how I set the handlebars perpendicular as they should be, parallel to TT for transport. I am so not mechanically minded!! I don't know what bolt to turn or how much?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
OK, I am stumped - how I set the handlebars perpendicular as they should be, parallel to TT for transport. I am so not mechanically minded!! I don't know what bolt to turn or how much?

It is easy, takes 20 seconds once you have learnt how. See the section on "Headset Adjustment - Threadless Type" here.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Can't shift the bottom stem bolt for love more money - will take to LBS & CRC will refund cost - I suspect this may happen a fair amount!

Cubist

Still wavin'

Top Bottom