N+1 (sort of) :)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by thomas, 13 Apr 2010.

1. thomas

thomas the tank engine

Look what I've just splashed out on...it sort of counts as N+1 :smile:

Just been to see it and put a deposit down. It looks nice!

It's done a bit over 19,000 miles...is older than me, but in a good condition (a couple hours and she'll be beautiful)...it doesn't have mot/tax, but is getting an MOT as part of the sale, so will have 12 months MOT and just £15 for the VED.

Bit of a hassle as I don't have CBT yet, so getting insurance on it isn't really possible...and therefore can't get a tax disc. Thankfully, as it's getting an MOT Dad should be able to drive it back from the garage on his bike insurance as part of the MOT (only allowed to drive an untaxed vehicle to and from MOT centre).

Shame, that I won't be able to ride it for another 8 weeks! :tongue: Expect some helmet camera footage of me nipping around town!

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

If Surly made a moped that's what it would look like, and i'd have one!

Very nice

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Honda Cubs in their C50, 70 and 90 versions are the worlds largest selling vehicle ever.

4. OP
    OP
    thomas

thomas the tank engine

Yep, 50 million+ I read. They seem to be able to go on any terrain (Red light...up the kerb, down the pavement, and around :tongue:)

5. Maggot

Maggot Guest

Thomas, you've been had. If that bike has done 19000 miles I'll start using a helmet cam! The heap may have 19000 miles showing this time around Think about it, you are, what, 19? That means that the average mileage per year is 1000. How many miles do you think you will do on it per year? 3000 or so? If all the other 16 owners did the same thats '000s more than claimed! Remember, mileage did not have to be recorded on the MOT until quite recently.

It will be the worst investment you have ever made, it will break down, fall apart and run like an asthmatic old codger. Get your money back, quick.

Come on you guys, lets tell him how it is for heavens sake and save him the trauma of finding out, they were shite new, a shed version will be even worse:angry:

6. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Dunno. I have a 13 year old Honda 500 in my garage that has 8,500 miles on the clock. They are genuine miles as I know the history of the bike. I don't think that I've done more than 2,000 miles in my six years of ownership.

Cubs are very robust and reliable. I doubt that he's paid a lot. It will be a voyage of discovery.

I wish I still had mine.

7. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

But - it's got an engine :smile:

All my two wheelers have me as the engine :thumbsup:

8. OP
    OP
    thomas

thomas the tank engine

yep, everything I've read and watched suggests
    that they're pretty reliable. certainly the innova, which is the newer version, that I rode in vietnam had over 100k and was going strong.

if they weren't reliable and cheap to fix then it wouldn't be the number 1 selling bike...ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice