N+1 (sort of) :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Look what I've just splashed out on...it sort of counts as N+1 :smile:

Just been to see it and put a deposit down. It looks nice!

It's done a bit over 19,000 miles...is older than me, but in a good condition (a couple hours and she'll be beautiful)...it doesn't have mot/tax, but is getting an MOT as part of the sale, so will have 12 months MOT and just £15 for the VED.

Bit of a hassle as I don't have CBT yet, so getting insurance on it isn't really possible...and therefore can't get a tax disc. Thankfully, as it's getting an MOT Dad should be able to drive it back from the garage on his bike insurance as part of the MOT (only allowed to drive an untaxed vehicle to and from MOT centre).

Shame, that I won't be able to ride it for another 8 weeks! :tongue: Expect some helmet camera footage of me nipping around town!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
If Surly made a moped that's what it would look like, and i'd have one!

Very nice

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Smokin Joe said:
Honda Cubs in their C50, 70 and 90 versions are the worlds largest selling vehicle ever.

Yep, 50 million+ I read. They seem to be able to go on any terrain (Red light...up the kerb, down the pavement, and around :tongue:)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Dunno. I have a 13 year old Honda 500 in my garage that has 8,500 miles on the clock. They are genuine miles as I know the history of the bike. I don't think that I've done more than 2,000 miles in my six years of ownership.

Cubs are very robust and reliable. I doubt that he's paid a lot. It will be a voyage of discovery.

I wish I still had mine.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
vernon said:
Dunno. I have a 13 year old Honda 500 in my garage that has 8,500 miles on the clock. They are genuine miles as I know the history of the bike. I don't think that I've done more than 2,000 miles in my six years of ownership.

Cubs are very robust and reliable. I doubt that he's paid a lot. It will be a voyage of discovery.

I wish I still had mine.

yep, everything I've read and watched suggests
that they're pretty reliable. certainly the innova, which is the newer version, that I rode in vietnam had over 100k and was going strong.

if they weren't reliable and cheap to fix then it wouldn't be the number 1 selling bike...ever.

Top Bottom