n + 1 to compliment 2014 CDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Stef 1

Stef 1

kinda wish I'd got the Equalibrium instead of CDF back in 2014 ...
I prefer my CDF to the ones they're produced more recently... but still...
Used it on trails etc plenty, but I think something slightly more roady would've suited me better

I kind of nearly want to....but part of me things it's ever so slightly too closely related to what I have...

vickster

Legendary Member
Road bike vs CX. Classic N+1

OP
OP
Stef 1

Stef 1

Not considering weight, components, groupsets etc (of course everyone wants better), but I think this looks great...aesthetically.
https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/road-sportive/equlibrium-disc/equilibrium-disc-20
GNA43.jpg

they look so much better without bags, lights, bottles and people on 'em!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stef 1

Stef 1

yeah, it looks the part, but is still a tad heavy, and although I've not ridden one wonder if it's quite got that racey feel... it took me a week to settle on a pair of cycle shoes.... this might take me some time to figure out exactly what it is I want!

Johnno260

Veteran
Test ride as much as possible, it was the best advise I got here.

I asked so many questions before I bought my first drop bar bike, I test rode so many as well, but in my price range and the deal I got my Merida was the best, it felt the best I just got on it and rode.

I'm sure there are better brands out there for the price I paid, but it made me smile and still does.

wonderloaf

Veteran
If carbon's your thing and you have up to £1k to spend this may help:
http://road.cc/content/buyers-guide...bikes-under-ps1000-high-tech-bikes-cycle-work

But then again maybe not!

IBarrett

Über Member
The paint job on that equilibrium would do my head in.
The lines don't follow through the bike where the colour changes are and the angle of the stripe is at odds with the angle of the wheel/tyre.

I can feel my palms itch just looking at it.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Im 5 11 also but on a medium tcr and have the saddle fairly forward,Best to have a sit/testride if you go that route.
Agreed about the comfort,no worries as an all day bike.Really enjoy this bike,whatever is better must be phenomenol

OP
OP
Stef 1

Stef 1

Thank you all for your input!
Arjimlad, I'm pretty much the same height and weight as you so that sounds good, and a few folks have recommended it too.

I'm currently flipping between 'do I REALLY NEED another bike' or is it just a 'nice to have' .... nearly hourly! I suspect the former will win out in the end though. The itch comes back a little bit bigger everytime each time I get a little fitter!

However, as others have suggested, I really can't make any sort of sensible decision without trying out a few different machines... which I'll do over the next few weeks! This has been really useful though... I'm now aware of a few brands that I previously wasn't too.

I'll be sure to report back once I've tried a few things and am a little clearer in my own mind about what exactly I want!

Top Bottom