N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toeknee

Über Member
I've just been on to Planet X about the carbon pro on the cycle scheme, " oh there is a 10% admin charge, so you can't get that £999 bike now ", " but have this lower spec ready built one " Erm no go and spend my grand elsewhere I think,
Shame I liked the bike aswell.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Back to gears?
Yep back to gears. Compact to start with but with my standard 25-11 at the back.

The 10% is an admin charge from C2W. A lot of suppliers, Planet X included, are now passing this on to the end customer to protect their margin which to an extent is fair enough. The Kaffenback is a good bike for £850 and I think could easily have cost more for a bike of that spec elsewhere (eg I see Sora on a lot of bikes in that range rather than Tiagra and BB5 rather than BB7).

I don't understand why it meant you couldn't get your £999 bike though as the 10% is payable separately.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep back to gears. Compact to start with but with my standard 25-11 at the back.

Just had a nose... nice.. like it.
Stealthy black :thumbsup:

And you can't go wrong with BB7's mate.

One little niggle though.. the calliper on the outside of the seatstay, which is a pain for mudguards (if you want them).. but can get jiggy and bendy with pliers to make them fit.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just had a nose... nice.. like it.
Stealthy black :thumbsup:

And you can't go wrong with BB7's mate.

One little niggle though.. the calliper on the outside of the seatstay, which is a pain for mudguards (if you want them).. but can get jiggy and bendy with pliers to make them fit.
I'll be sticking with my raceblades for now so all will be well. My only concern is whether or not the wheels will take a 25mm Marathon as they come with 32mm tyres. I'll see when I get it.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'll be sticking with my raceblades for now so all will be well. My only concern is whether or not the wheels will take a 25mm Marathon as they come with 32mm tyres. I'll see when I get it.
It will fit 25mm, the question is will you be able to get the marathons on them. I have a similar wheel and was not able to get a durano plus in 25mm on it.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
It will fit 25mm, the question is will you be able to get the marathons on them. I have a similar wheel and was not able to get a durano plus in 25mm on it.
Oh. What's the issue with them then? I was more concerned about the rims being too wide to take a 25mm.

potsy

Rambler
According to the blurb it comes with 28c tyres so I'm pretty sure it'd take 25's.

potsy

Rambler
Oh my basket thingy on Planet X says 32mm On One Gary Baldy's
Weird, this is what I see on the spec list

Screenshot (7).png

Top Bottom