N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
> Baldy Folding Tyre 700 x 32c Black Single BIKE BUILD
I think @I like Skol is also keen on one of these bikes, now I see why :giggle:

If the wheels are the ones in the spec sheet they say they'll fit 23 - 32c tyres on one site I looked at.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think @I like Skol is also keen on one of these bikes, now I see why :giggle:

If the wheels are the ones in the spec sheet they say they'll fit 23 - 32c tyres on one site I looked at.
It'll be great if it will take 25s without too much hassle. Otherwise I'll buy a set of Marathons in 28s I suppose.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
N+1 is being built at Planet X! Yay!!! £85 admin charge but hey ho.

£85?? <Yorkshire battle cry> "HOW MUCH!"
Planet X
Rotherham branch is on my doorstep. I wouldn’t get a bike from them.
Good gear, but not a bike shop. IME it’s a boutique, with pretentious staff.
I prefer to believe that over the other possibility of ignorant and clueless which was my experience the couple of times I went in.
I got the wheelset I wanted and got out.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
£85?? <Yorkshire battle cry> "HOW MUCH!"
Planet X
Rotherham branch is on my doorstep. I wouldn’t get a bike from them.
Good gear, but not a bike shop. IME it’s a boutique, with pretentious staff.
I prefer to believe that over the other possibility of ignorant and clueless which was my experience the couple of times I went in.
I got the wheelset I wanted and got out.
I got Lelly from them and although there were some issues I don't think they were issues that wouldn't have occurred if I'd paid more and got the bike directly from Van Nic (it's a rebadged Van Nic).

The new bike is a commuter so in a year's time it will be like Trigger's broom with only the steel frame remaining.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've just been on to Planet X about the carbon pro on the cycle scheme, " oh there is a 10% admin charge, so you can't get that £999 bike now ", " but have this lower spec ready built one " Erm no go and spend my grand elsewhere I think,
Shame I liked the bike aswell.
Can you get a similar spec bike for that money anywhere else though? I'm currently looking at a new Carbon bike & planet x seem to offer much better value than anyone else. I did see a Giant 2014 model reduced, but by the time I'd finished umming & arhing my size is now sold out :blush:
If there's anything that matches Planet X for value, let me know before I spend my ££££

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm following in the footsteps of @TimO who has an original Kaffenback I believe. I've admired it on FNRttCs and always thought it would make a great commuter.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is it? Mine is a Linskey.
Yeah. 'Teefs is a Linskey too but they'd changed to Van Nic when I got mine. Looking at the frame I'd say it's a Yukon. Being a rebadged, you don't get the fancy dropouts that you normally get on a Van Nic.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
2014-10-31 11.06.34.jpg

Out of the box.
2014-10-31 12.16.42.jpg

Ready to commute. Just off for a run round the block.

jagman.2003

Über Member
They are race blades. Problem?

First impression is I'm not blown away by disc brakes sure they stop me, but they seem less harsh than the v brakes on the MTB

My experience of discs are they are more progressive than V-brakes. V-brakes can be snatchy, which on a road bike with thinner tyres could be a bit scary! Disc brakes seem to slow me well, but locking up is a conscious choice.

Top Bottom