N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Location
My Armchair
> Baldy Folding Tyre 700 x 32c Black Single BIKE BUILD
I think @I like Skol is also keen on one of these bikes, now I see why :giggle:

If the wheels are the ones in the spec sheet they say they'll fit 23 - 32c tyres on one site I looked at.
 
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Location
Welling
I think @I like Skol is also keen on one of these bikes, now I see why :giggle:

If the wheels are the ones in the spec sheet they say they'll fit 23 - 32c tyres on one site I looked at.
It'll be great if it will take 25s without too much hassle. Otherwise I'll buy a set of Marathons in 28s I suppose.
 

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Location
S Yorks
N+1 is being built at Planet X! Yay!!! £85 admin charge but hey ho.

£85?? <Yorkshire battle cry> "HOW MUCH!"
Planet X
Rotherham branch is on my doorstep. I wouldn’t get a bike from them.
Good gear, but not a bike shop. IME it’s a boutique, with pretentious staff.
I prefer to believe that over the other possibility of ignorant and clueless which was my experience the couple of times I went in.
I got the wheelset I wanted and got out.
 
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Location
Welling
£85?? <Yorkshire battle cry> "HOW MUCH!"
Planet X
Rotherham branch is on my doorstep. I wouldn’t get a bike from them.
Good gear, but not a bike shop. IME it’s a boutique, with pretentious staff.
I prefer to believe that over the other possibility of ignorant and clueless which was my experience the couple of times I went in.
I got the wheelset I wanted and got out.
I got Lelly from them and although there were some issues I don't think they were issues that wouldn't have occurred if I'd paid more and got the bike directly from Van Nic (it's a rebadged Van Nic).

The new bike is a commuter so in a year's time it will be like Trigger's broom with only the steel frame remaining.
 

Soltydog

Squire
Location
near Hornsea
I've just been on to Planet X about the carbon pro on the cycle scheme, " oh there is a 10% admin charge, so you can't get that £999 bike now ", " but have this lower spec ready built one " Erm no go and spend my grand elsewhere I think,
Shame I liked the bike aswell.
Can you get a similar spec bike for that money anywhere else though? I'm currently looking at a new Carbon bike & planet x seem to offer much better value than anyone else. I did see a Giant 2014 model reduced, but by the time I'd finished umming & arhing my size is now sold out :blush:
If there's anything that matches Planet X for value, let me know before I spend my ££££
 
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Location
Welling
I'm following in the footsteps of @TimO who has an original Kaffenback I believe. I've admired it on FNRttCs and always thought it would make a great commuter.
 
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Location
Welling
Is it? Mine is a Linskey.
Yeah. 'Teefs is a Linskey too but they'd changed to Van Nic when I got mine. Looking at the frame I'd say it's a Yukon. Being a rebadged, you don't get the fancy dropouts that you normally get on a Van Nic.
 
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Location
Welling
2014-10-31 11.06.34.jpg

Out of the box.
2014-10-31 12.16.42.jpg


Ready to commute. Just off for a run round the block.
 
They are race blades. Problem?

First impression is I'm not blown away by disc brakes sure they stop me, but they seem less harsh than the v brakes on the MTB

My experience of discs are they are more progressive than V-brakes. V-brakes can be snatchy, which on a road bike with thinner tyres could be a bit scary! Disc brakes seem to slow me well, but locking up is a conscious choice.
 
Top Bottom