N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
The original Kaffenback has V-brakes, not discs, and enough clearance for mudguards with most tyres (not with my Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tyres though), although one of the mountings for the mudguards was using screws into the underside of the rear brake bridge, which may have been deleted on your frame (I can't really tell from the photos).

My Kaffenback has straight handlebars, but that wasn't a choice, the discounted kit came with straight ones, so that was what I used. The Kaffenback geometry seems to be much the same as the One-On Pompino, only that frame obviously doesn't have the rear changer hanger. Given this frame's disc brakes, I'd guess that it throws any comparisons into the Pompetamine court!

I quite like the sand colouring of my Kaffenback, but black always looks good, and works with anything (especially on a Night Ride!)

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
My experience of discs are they are more progressive than V-brakes. V-brakes can be snatchy, which on a road bike with thinner tyres could be a bit scary! Disc brakes seem to slow me well, but locking up is a conscious choice.
Oh ok. They did stop me when I wanted them to, I've just never used them before and was expecting them to be much harsher.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
The original Kaffenback has V-brakes, not discs, and enough clearance for mudguards with most tyres (not with my Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tyres though), although one of the mountings for the mudguards was using screws into the underside of the rear brake bridge, which may have been deleted on your frame (I can't really tell from the photos).

My Kaffenback has straight handlebars, but that wasn't a choice, the discounted kit came with straight ones, so that was what I used. The Kaffenback geometry seems to be much the same as the One-On Pompino, only that frame obviously doesn't have the rear changer hanger. Given this frame's disc brakes, I'd guess that it throws any comparisons into the Pompetamine court!

I quite like the sand colouring of my Kaffenback, but black always looks good, and works with anything (especially on a Night Ride!)
Your Kaffenback was a major factor in this purchase to be honest. I could have gone for tea/coffee colouring but felt black would take longer to show up the dirt.

Depending on the weather next Friday, it may be making an appearance on a night ride.

Top Bottom