N I number. Is there an easy way to get one thats lost ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The auntie is 97. I am trying to fill a form out for her and I need her ni number. She doesn't know it.
The only way I can find is via DWP but they will only respond by post in 3 weeks (not a massive problem).
Just wondering if there is a simple/quick way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anything in her correspondence you've not shredded yet ?

Old payslips ? P60s ? Any Comms from the tax people ?

I think I had a credit card thing with my NI number on back in the day.

Joffey

Big Dosser
The auntie is 97. I am trying to fill a form out for her and I need her ni number. She doesn't know it.
The only way I can find is via DWP but they will only respond by post in 3 weeks (not a massive problem).

Is she on Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support? The local authority will have it. If they won't tell you over the phone get her to request copy notification letters and it will be on there. 2-3 days max.

It may well be on her bank statements when they pay SRP / AA - check on them too. A bank statement print would be quicker than 3 weeks.

Get her a Government Gateway ID and when she signs in (we know it'll actually be you though:whistle:) you can view your NIN online.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ment-gateway/use-a-government-gateway-account

1. Create a Government Gateway user ID​

1.1 What you need​

To create a Government Gateway user ID, you’ll need:

• your name
  • an email address
  • a password
  • a memorable word, which Government Gateway calls a ‘recovery word’

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is she on Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support? The local authority will have it. If they won't tell you over the phone get her to request copy notification letters and it will be on there. 2-3 days max.

It may well be on her bank statements when they pay SRP / AA - check on them too. A bank statement print would be quicker than 3 weeks.

Not on any benefits.
I will have a look for other things tomorrow.

Top Bottom