name help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

my wife and her friend would like to set up an online shop selling retro and bo ho chic -(whatever the f**k that is) clothing and jewelery.

However the first stumbling block seems to be the name.....

any ideas forumers????

I suggested ....elenor rigbys, waterloo sunset and blue fondue .....trying to stick with the retro feel.........

they want it funky, old but fresh, not to obscure ......so have a go, you might even get a discount on some 30 yr old Y-Fronts ......oh sorry i mean vintage style lingerie

LLB

timelessclothing.co.uk is available

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been reading a lot about internet marketing recently so I can give a few hints...

They have to decide how they are going to attract customers to their website.

If they are going to rely on advertising then the name of the site isn't quite so critical because customers will click on links to get there, but it helps for 'word-of-mouth' for the name to be something fairly short, snappy, memorable and easy to spell. If there are any obvious possible misspellings, buy all variations of the name and redirect the alternate site traffic to the main one. An example of a possible alternate spelling would be 'jewelry' and 'jewellery'. Customers from the USA would usually use the former, and from the UK, the latter.

If they are hoping that people will find their site by searching on Google, they should optimise their name for that. If people want 'boho chic jewellery' then that is what they will search for. Unfortunately 'bohochicjewellery.com' was registered by someone in the UK a month ago so they clearly already have a competitor!

They can use this site to check availability of domain names. If the domain extension is omitted then '.com' is assumed. If they want to check for '.co.uk' (whatever) they need to enter the whole name e.g. 'greatname.co.uk'.

They should buy the '.com' and '.co.uk' versions of each name. Nearly everyone types in '.com' by habit and if they don't buy that version, someone else will if their business picks up and they will steal a significant share of the online business.

They may not have heard of 'squidoo.com' but they should take a look at it because Google checks it out many times a day. It's free to use and easy to set up your page ('lens'). Take a look at this page on Squidoo to see the kind of thing that can be done. If you have a relevant page on Squidoo then you can leap-frog over over companies in the Google search listings and this is one key to online success. There's a video tutorial on how to do it here. The guy Travis who made that video has a website which is worth looking at for information on how to develop web traffic for your business - take a look here.

I hope that is useful.
ColinJ

Chic too chic

Chicy minky

Stole

Glad rags

Retro renaissance

Chic and cheerful

Retro cheek

Sunday vest

Old boots and panties

Vintage bintage

How much?!

Justa like a mamma used to wear

Ye olde retro clothes shoppe (established 2008)

Write down all the words you can think of that say what you want (60s, Twiggy, Mini, Love, Woodstock etc) on lots of little bits of paper and then just move them around until you are there.

I would go for

"Carnaby Street"

Top Bottom