Name one thing that does not make sense in Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry it should be " does not make sense"

For me its the recumbent. I just don't get it for a fully fit rider to use it.

Ps. I was told that it was the same with lycra years ago.

Mod Edit: title corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Take one out for a day's ride and you'll be able to score recumbents off your list of things that don't make sense.

GC

Sorry it should be " does not make sense"

For me its the recumbent. I just don't get it for a fully fit rider to use it.

Ps. I was told that it was the same with lycra years ago.

Funnily enough - having ridden recumbent trikes for some 20 years, I cannot understand why anyone should want to ride an inherently unstable two wheeled machine with an uncomfortable seat!

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Take one out for a day's ride and you'll be able to score recumbents off your list of things that don't make sense.

GC
I did a long time ago. It was very low, could not see the sights which has always been a key part of cycling to me. And it was not something that you could take out on to the main roads.

Ganymede

Veteran
I did a long time ago. It was very low, could not see the sights which has always been a key part of cycling to me. And it was not something that you could take out on to the main roads.
You were just riding the wrong one. And whaddya mean, not take it out onto the main roads? I ride mine all over the place. I have a friend who lives in Brixton (has done for at least 20 years) and all that time has ridden all over London on a 'bent. They are SO comfortable.

I ride this: http://bikefix.co.uk/spirit (without the fairing) and you are almost as high up as on an upright. If you were riding a low-slung racing 'bent then I'm not surprised you missed the view, and I probably wouldn't be comfortable that low in traffic myself, but look at the main recumbent page on the bikefix page http://bikefix.co.uk/recumbents and you'll see a whole range of different bikes. On many of them your head is about the same height as if you were driving a car.

I'd love to have a go on a racing 'bent, I must say!

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

You were just riding the wrong one. And whaddya mean, not take it out onto the main roads? I ride mine all over the place. I have a friend who lives in Brixton (has done for at least 20 years) and all that time has ridden all over London on a 'bent. They are SO comfortable.
!

Granted on the comfort gauge. However I personally would not take it out on the main roads for safety and in consideration for other road users. The hi-viz flag does only so much. And frankly one would be impeding traffic flow.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
And frankly one would be impeding traffic flow.

Now you're having a laugh.

GC

Top Bottom