Name the car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I knew someone who had an mg metro turbo with a front subframe which looked like that. The car crabbed down the road in the end...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Sure looks like the detritus from any one of the Leyland cars I owned when younger. I'll guess.... Austin 1800 (Cardinal red) with a wooden dashboard

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Strange isn't it, I had a Lancia Beta coupe in the 80's for a couple of years. Had a fair amount of trouble with it, the head gasket went, a wheel bearing failed, rear shocks failed, exhaust and other things, which I put right as I enjoyed messing around with cars, before it succumbed to rust. But I still look back fondly at having it, even though it only did 22mpg.
Whereas now, if even the slightest thing goes wrong I am mightily peeved.

Domus

Guru
My guess Alfasud. When the Italian govt tried to address the unemployment in the south. They paid Alfa a fortune to build a factory down south, hence sud. They failed to recognise the influence of the Mafia. "Buy our steel or something unpleasant may happen". :becool:

Back in the early 80s I had a Marina van as company transport, I went to collect it after a service at the local BL dealership. It wasn't ready so took a look around the showroom, all Metros, Allegras and Princesses, all brand new, all with drip trays underneath. :wacko:

D

Deleted member 26715

I recall putting a Lancia on a wheel free ramp with the driver's door open.

The door wouldn't shut when the car was put back on the ground.

It had all the structural integrity of a jelly.
Had a Fiat Mirafiori 131 Estate 16V Twincan it would run circles around the Fords & Vauxhall's in it's day, the bonnet lifted from the screen forward, but as you jacked the car up you could see the shut gap visibly close.

Took it for a test & he called me over, opened the bonnet, told me to put my feet either side of the front wheel with my knees against the wing. He then told me to look down, what am I looking for I asked? Do you see your boots was his reply, Yes says I, Well you bloody shouldn't be able to, do you really want me to test it? Drove it home, emptied it out, slung the bike in the back & drove it to the scrapyard.

Top Bottom