naming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
The Mean Machine, hubs bike is Big Helga.
Our cars always have names too.
Current car is Wee Jimmy, reg tag starts with WJ. :shy:
Just a bit of fun :tongue:

Mrs M

Guru
Pat meet Murphy lol
Murphy is very handsome :smile:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Nothing wrong with giving your bike a silly name :smile: Talking to them is perfectly "normal" too! At least I like to think so.... maybe I need to get a dog or something instead!

Mine are Walter ('cos he's a Raleigh), Marius (Italian bike but also old and therefore got lumbered with a latin name), and Harold (galumphing big roadster needed a galumphing big name), and the wife's is Prunella (don't know how this one came about!).

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Nope, they are referred to by make or model. Unusually for us I don't think we even shorten/cutsie up those either. The cars and motorbikes used to get names, but we kind of grew out of it in our early 20's.

Cyclist33

My bikes are called Bret, Yasmin and Snotty-Water. I have named all bikes I've had as an adult...

The Silver Sparrow
Lev
Ava
Bob
Vanessa (She was a Felt Z!)
Maggie

and now the ones I've got as above.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm with the blue guy here. No names for the bikes or cars, and I have over the years had several cars both everyday and hobby cars as I am a bit of an enthusiast. It is simply 'the hybrid' or 'the mountain bike' or 'the Land Rover' or 'the Passat'. The names we give them are simply a label of what they are. If I only had one bike and one car it would then be even simpler, 'the bike' or 'the car'. Owning a few of each means I need to differentiate between them, that is all.

Top Bottom