Nasty Morning

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by gb155, 19 Apr 2010.

1. gb155

gb155 Fan Boy No More.

Cold, Windy and driving Rain, I aimed for 20 plus miles, gave up after 10 with cold and sore legs, Welcome to the British Summer :thumbsup:

2. And to think some people were talking about taking the guards off:rolleyes::thumbsup:
    I was one of them:blush:

3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Sorry to hear that Gaz, just to make you feel even better, it's a lovely crisp sunny morning in Londinium today. Short and short sleeves on the commute...

4. downfader

downfader extimus uero philosophus

Not raining here yet. Looks reasonably warm so might go for a quick ride (as I have the week off)... Maybe the rain will wash the ash away?

5. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Yet another lovely sunny and warm day down south mate.

6. OP
    OP
    gb155

gb155 Fan Boy No More.

Grrrrr how dare you all, I hate you all LOL. I have to take a training session today and I am frustrated at a sever lack of miles (Esp after last week) so looks like my delegates are gonna get it :thumbsup: LOL

7. Jezston

Jezston Über Member

Grey an nippy, but also a bit humid up here today.

For some reason, the train was absolutely packed. Guessing the previous train got cancelled or something.

Wearing waterproofs and warm base layers, with nowhere to sit so unable to take my helmet and gloves off I started feeling rather warm. And warmer. And warmer. And dizzier. And dizzier. Realising I was about to pass out, I sat down on the floor.

Ah the great British public, you've got to love them! As I sat on the floor between rows of seats with my head resting against my knees, white as a sheet and breathing weakly, some guy comes up to me and says "excuse me". He wanted to get by to use the bathroom.

8. Stephenite

Stephenite Membå

Lovely and sunny here. But about 5 degrees in the shade. Looking out the window i see an older chap sunning himself between breaks of gardening. Looking forward to the ride in early pm. (late shift this week).

I took the studded tyres off yesterday and, lo and behold, it started snowing! Only a minutes worth, a snow flurry. But enough to remind me of the sense of humour the weather gods have around here.

9. BrumJim

BrumJim Poster

Birmingham, and shorts on for my commute for the first time ever. Arrived dry and happy.

10. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

That's outrageous.:smile:

11. killiekosmos

killiekosmos Über Member

Cold but sunny in West Scotland, with a thin smear of volcanic dust on the cars

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice