National 24hr 21st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"Else"? :whistle:

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
How far did you manage in 2009, Ian?
412, which got me an age-band medal. Did worse the second time, 2010, with 395 after a late puncture (but still managed the age-band medal).

Last year, supporting a friend, I watched Wilko storming to 541, breaking his own record of 520.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sorry folks

After all my promises of doing this Im out :-(

Ive been so pre-occupied with other stuff this year it ain't been one my biggies to enter any cycling competion

Im really dissapointed with myself to be honest, espescially after spending so much money on club fees of what I can't afford, not to mention one of my worst audax and club cycling years ever.

Im still ticking over just about and the next cycling season is going to be my best ever (maybe?)

Roll on November :smile:

Good luck Ian, keep us posted on the 24 results :smile:

John

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
412, which got me an age-band medal. Did worse the second time, 2010, with 395 after a late puncture (but still managed the age-band medal).

Last year, supporting a friend, I watched Wilko storming to 541, breaking his own record of 520.
Respect ... and good luck this time! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Thanks.
It's the biggest field for several years, and it's rumoured that there might be two 24s again next year.
If Chuffy wants to ride next year I might feel obliged to support him.

Thanks.
It's the biggest field for several years, and it's rumoured that there might be two 24s again next year.
If Chuffy wants to ride next year I might feel obliged to support him.
Sitting at home shouting 'GO CHUFFY!' on the forum would count btw.

Are the courses for these events pretty flat?

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cheshire plains: the Mersey Roads is pretty flat, though it is surprising how slight gradients turn into sodding great hills when you're racing and tired. Last year's Sussex was a rolling course. Wilko liked it; my mate Mike died on it. We had to peel him off the verge.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Good luck! We'll be riding the Exodus route recce 21st. Bet you don't get tea and cake on a National 24!
Only afterwards, sitting and chatting while our limbs seize up, watching the winner being helped to stand up and receive his prize.

Top Bottom