Naughty Miele!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I mean, Hoover you could understand...

But Miele :eek:

I'm not surprised. We spent extra on a Miele dishwasher. It was far, far worse than the very budget Beko it replaced.

White goods are a bloody minefield. Had a tumble dryer ignite (no, not one of those!), then another began to overheat, a good AEG. Both s/h. Gave in and bought a new cheapie Bush. Every bit as efficient as those it replaced.
Miele washer lasted 20 years, one new drum spring and motor brushes. Quite reasonable.

Stephenite

Membå
Had a Miele støvsuger (stuffsucker) for about 15 years. Still as new.

Mind you, I'm one of those who empties the bag by hand and clears the filters every so often rather than wait until the gauge turns red to tell you the motor is struggling.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've always been a big fan, and reckon their washing machines are the best by a country mile, which is partly why I was so surprised to see them behaving so shoddily. How can they deny they knew about the problem when their own instructions tell you to remove it with a hacksaw?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Very impressed by my first 6 months use of a Haier Hatrium washing machine. Very very quiet - the water slopping around inside is noisier than the direct drive motor.
Of course, that tells me nothing about the long term reliability, but it oozes far better quality than most of the more familiar brands.

Top Bottom