NCN 6 (Midshires Way) Northampton - Mkt Harborough ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anyone know what the surface is like?
Plotted a laney route between the two places, but could do with a short-cut and don't really fancy the A508.

Drago

Legendary Member
Here at Sarf Northants its quite churned up in places from horses, but its drying out fast. Not brilliant, but bearable.

pclay

Veteran
This is also known as the Brampton valley way, ad follows the old track bed of the railway. Its not really suitable for road bikes. Do-able on CX, hybrid or MTB.

There are two, long, disused railway tunnels that you have to go through, and they are not lit, so lights are required (unless you take a detour). The surface is generally gravel, there is no tarmac.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Compacted gravel/stonedust from what I've seen. I'd ride it on a road bike (28mm+ tyres), but I'd go slow because I find it hard to spot surface damage in that. It really ought to be tarmacked to make it SUStainable for TRANSport, or NCN 6 should be rerouted via Naseby to Saddington IMO.

toffee

Guru
Done it a couple of times the last time with panniers on my galaxy. The surface is quite rough in places. I quite like the tunnels although they can be quite damp.

Top Bottom