1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Near Miss

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by yorkshiregoth, 18 Jan 2008.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Almost got flattened by a Sainsbury's truck on the way home tonight, stupid driver went blatantly through a red light and almost collided with myself, a taxi and a H91 bus. When aforementioned vehicles beeped at him, the neanderthal driver shouted to me "F@@@ off, you F@@@ing gay C@@@"

Not sure why he directed his abuse towards me, but I have his reg. so I intended to lodge a complaint with his bosses.

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

good, I'm not one usually for the complaint but jumping a light and then mouthing off is silly

3. Stop doing it then.:thumbsup:

4. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

5. Hmmmmmmmmm sorry seems my comic genius doesn't work on here.:thumbsup:

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Bad luck there, YG.
    There should be a tel number on the back of their trucks. One of those 'how's my driving?' stickers. Give them a buzz. Their website's got some useful links, too.

7. Did you speak to the taxi and bus drivers about it? Maybe three complaints would be more effective than one.

8. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

You ok? I know these things can shake you up a bit.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The penny will drop, don't worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. longers

longers Veteran

Glad your not squished :thumbsup:.

11. It looks like it's one of those years.:thumbsup:

12. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

It worked for me LOL. Tynan must be blonde.

13. yorkshiregoth

Oy, less of the blonde jokes. :smile:

14. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Report it to Sainsbury. If you know where & when it happened they may well be able to identify the driver from route taken. If you managed to get a registration number, so much the better. With a bit of luck, the driver will be sacked. At the least it should be put on file against him...

15. yorkshiregoth

That's my intention anyway. Rather ironic though 'cos on the back of the truck was one of those beware cyclist stickers.