Near Miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Rough draft - what do you think?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was involved in a very disturbing incident withone of your delivery drivers last night. (18/01/08) at 22:45hrs. I was cycling home from work, with numerous front & rear lights as well as wearing a hi-viz jacket, and was waiting for the traffic lights to change on the junction of Chiswick High Road and Chiswick Lane (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...,-0.25142&spn=0.004602,0.014269&t=h&z=17&om=0)

The lights for me changed to green so I proceeded but at the same time one of your large delivery trucks with the registration plate of WX53 MHK ignored the red light on Chiswick Lane and made a right turn and almost ran me over as well as almost hitting a H91 bus and also a taxi cab. Both vehicles beeped at your driver who then shouted at me "F@@@ off, you F@@@ing Gay C@@@". I then got off my bicycle and wrote down the number plate of the truck. I find this behaviour completely disgraceful and intend to report this matter to the Metropolitan Police for dangerous driving as well as homophobia. Surely as a driver of your company there are certain standards that one has to maintain as this mans behaviour casts your entire company in a very disreputable light.

I would appreciate a quick repsonse before I decide to take this further with the police.

Thanks in advance.

Yours faithfully

I don't really get what all this gay stuff is just because you cycle.I get all this at work.:smile:

Maz

Guru
Not sure that the gay angle is relevant. I would also replace the expletives with something like "unacceptably foul and abusive language". Sounds more professional in my opinion.
Just my thoughts
Cheers
Maz

spindrift

Not sure that the gay angle is relevant.

It's a serious offence, and a ridiculously stupid thing for a liveried van driver to say!

Maz

Guru
spindrift said:

It's a serious offence, and a ridiculously stupid thing for a liveried van driver to say!
Indeed it is a serious offence. As I said, I don't know if it's relevant.

Maz

Guru
spindrift said:

Indeed it is a serious offence. As I said, I don't know if it's relevant to YG.

Tynan

Veteran
it homophobic regardless of whether the target is actually gay

it certainly can't hurt, I'd stick it in

Tynan

Veteran
there's something wrong with someone that sees gay innuendo in almost anything

my guess is howling closet queen

Top Bottom